Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Easy electric related mods?

Hello everyone,

I been liking this DIY stuff for my car. With school, work, and other activities working on my car it's like that much needed vacation.

I'm not very interested in electric stuff, but I'm getting over that fear and I'm thinking about possible mods I could do. I was thinking of adding fog lights since I have none, or an additional power outlet.

Please give your opinions and what you've found to work for you.
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
I've hooked up LED strips in parallel to the dome light and mounted them under the seats.
Another mod was the second luggage light I mounted in the hatch - rather easy thing, as the hole is already there, the complicated part was fiddling the wires up there.
If you want to remove the black tubing between hatch and car:
Be extremely careful, as it is not plugged into the metal but is pulled over a brittle plastic clip - I have halfway damaged mine and wasn't able to find a part number to order a new one.
I'm afraid water will come inside, so don't do this mistake, too :)

A quite effective thing is a backup camera, I'm amazed how much space is behind my car - in the mirror, it looks worse.

One thing to com is an electrochrome rearview mirror.
I've ripped one from a corolla on the junkyard, sadly the mounting is different - my brother is about to correct it
The electrical part is easy as it can be - just IGN and GND, that's it.
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj92 View Post
I've hooked up LED strips in parallel to the dome light and mounted them under the seats.
Thanks for giving some feedback too, I'll consider these.
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #4
bairjo

If you are going to do the fog lights, get the kit from MicroImage. It is a complete kit that is composed of quality components and has all the support you will need. There are threads on here you can research and get an idea what is involved...it's not hard to do.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote