Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Disable beep when driver door open and key in ignition

Did anyone write a DIY on this subject before? I don't like this feature at all, since I like to keep the door open and listen to my stereo while doing some work on the car, so the beeping drives me up the walls...

Does anyone know how to turn it off/disable it elegantly?
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
I would love to disable that alarm as well...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here's an easy method - Unplug the door switch connectors. If you pop the lower pillar cover, the switch connector is right there. Unplug it and the beep goes away. I removed the doors from the wrecked Yaris and the beeping was driving me nuts. I popped off the connectors and my sanity returned.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Hmm, true, but that would also disable the red door light on the dashboard, wouldn't it? I'd still like to know if the door is not closed properly, I just don't want to HEAR it
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

In that case, you'd have to open the cluster and remove the piezo beeper.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
In that case, you'd have to open the cluster and remove the piezo beeper.

But then you wouldn't get the warning if you've left your headlights switched on.
This is a valued feature for me as parts of the year I leave home in the dark and arrive at the office in daylight, often neglecting to switch off my lights. The beeper was delayed in my past ride (Talon) due to the turbo timer. I needed to use the jumper cables more often than I'd have cared to.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
But then you wouldn't get the warning if you've left your headlights switched on.
This is a valued feature for me as parts of the year I leave home in the dark and arrive at the office in daylight, often neglecting to switch off my lights. The beeper was delayed in my past ride (Talon) due to the turbo timer. I needed to use the jumper cables more often than I'd have cared to.
In that case, do my headlights off with Key mod:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...diy+headlights
Old 05-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #8
Ike
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
This bugged me too for a while, but my solution was to unplug the two wire small white connector on the top of the ignition switch. No side effects except the annoying beeping gone.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote