Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Springs?

Ok so in the spring id like to get a set of springs but I first have a question... I want to reduce the body roll when doing rough turns but I DO NOT want to lower my Yaris! due to The ground clearance that I need for winter driving.

Will this be obtainable with just a set of stiffer springs?

PS: I plan on also getting a rear sway bar this spring too!

Thanks for you guys' help :-)
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
The rear anti-sway bar will reduce body roll significantly.
I'm not sure where you will find stiffer springs at OEM ride height. All aftermarket springs that I'm aware of drop the car at least 1" (Eibach) and up to a 2" drop. Coil-overs (with adjustable spring perches) may be your only choice, and a much more expensive route.
One solution may be to choose the springs with least drop and then recover some ride height come winter with taller than spec. winter tires.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
1" doesn't sound that bad :). Does Garm sell these springs? I just don't wana slam my Yaris.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ Yes, he does sell Eibach Prokits.