Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #37
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
I'm not a fan of stereo systems ( too much weight ), BUT , that is really niiiice . I love the mics .

Old 10-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #38
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
do you leave the cover on the setup while running the sub? if so does it vibrate?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #39
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGiant View Post
do you leave the cover on the setup while running the sub? if so does it vibrate?
No. B's work is always full functional.

The frame of the cover (the black piece under the carpet) is made with heavy plastic, and inserted with two metal meshes over the amp and woofer openings, and wrap with black silky fabric. The the thick silky wrap acts as a cushion layer to prevent rattling, yet the metal meshes allow heat dissipation over the amps, and let the pressured air (from woofer while playing music) to travel free.

I guess it will rattle some if I max out the volume but I don't play loud music while driving. My ears prolly can hold only at 70% of the volume knob before my ear drums rattle. I am getting old.

JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 AM   #40
simplicityinsound
Custom Car Audio

Drives: 2005 Subaru LGT
Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephDoc View Post
No. B's work is always full functional.

The frame of the cover (the black piece under the carpet) is made with heavy plastic, and inserted with two metal meshes over the amp and woofer openings, and wrap with black silky fabric. The the thick silky wrap acts as a cushion layer to prevent rattling, yet the metal meshes allow heat dissipation over the amps, and let the pressured air (from woofer while playing music) to travel free.

I guess it will rattle some if I max out the volume but I don't play loud music while driving. My ears prolly can hold only at 70% of the volume knob before my ear drums rattle. I am getting old.

spoken like a true performance guy but not audio guy haha silky fabric? sounds kinky lol

actually, no, the mat does nto rattle even at full output, bass will find a way :) if there is rattle, its more the rest of the car at high volumes, but the cover or the mat will not.

the cover you see is,well joseph described, but i can describe it in more simple terms, its a grille, MDF frame, aluminum grille mesh metal top, bonded, and grille bloth over it, so its funny vented.

b
simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 AM   #41
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
Here is what i came up with today :)

I happen to have a baggy of green 10000cd Green LED kicking around ..and a resistor.. so i wired up some lights in my new fancy plexi faceplate/grill
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #42
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
wowowow... how nice to have a disco floor under the hatch!!

Good job!
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote