Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
calicruisin

Drives: 86 GTS
How do you remove front lip?

I tried searching but came up with nothing. I want to replace the oem front lip on my 4 door Yaris S but I dont know how to remove it. I took off the 2 screws on each side and the 4 bolts underneath but the thing just wont come off. What am I missing? I dont have a jack at the new place I moved to so its hard since its far away from home so its making things tough to look underneath.
calicruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Pretty sure there's at least some sort of tape or adhesive glue used. So it won't just come off once the screws are off.

My side skirts i just got done recently are bolted on and glued on.

You might have to heat up the sides abit with a hairdryer or heatgun im guessing. Im not 100% on that so you might want to wait till someone else chimes in.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:48 AM   #3
calicruisin

Drives: 86 GTS
It might have at one time but I dont think that it is anymore or maybe not the whole lip anymore. Like I can move it somewhat but not the whole thing. Like I can bend the sides but not so much in the middle.
calicruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Look around the lip. Do you see a black rubber-looking thing? If so, I think that's the adhesive (in addition to the bolts/screws).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
there are at least 4 clips behind the lip. I simply yanked it out whatever was holding in the middle.

the little rubber band do adhere a little, but that's just a little. When the lip is out, you are left with a bunch of holes on the lower bumper :P
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #6
Niki Knuckles

Drives: RS
Exclamation HELP!

Can someone tell me where to get the rubbers in between the panels and the moldings, once you un-glue the aero package?
Niki Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:24 AM   #7
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Maybe the dealer... although I have a feeling they will tell you you have to buy the entire moulding.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote