Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #127
winfong

Drives: VIOS Belta
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbilal View Post
Yes, I know we should all wear our seatbelts, and I do (95% of the time), but can someone tell me if the buckle has some sensor in it or can I get a buckle from the junk yard to plug in and stop the sound? If there is a sensor, how can I remove the buckle from the belt?
Check your Seat belt Latch (the one with the red button to release the Seat belt clip)....

There should be a connector attached to it somewhere - may have to unscrew the latch using a wrench to find it....

Disconnect the connector.... and no more Seat belt Beep....

I had to remove my Seatbelts to make way for a 4pt Racing harness
winfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #128
HYang

Drives: Yaris 2010, sedan
Where in Japan is the Yaris produced?

Up through 2010,
all Yaris/Vitz hatchbacks were produced at Takaoka plant and the Nagakusa plant of Toyota industries, while the Yaris/Belta sedans were produced at Iwate plant of Kanto Auto Works, a Toyota affiliate.
SOURCE:http://www.supplierbusiness.com/uplo...ota_sample.pdf

Starting January 2011,
all Yari meant for export to US and Europe began to be produced at the new Ohira plant in Miyagi Prefecture (source:http://www.houseofjapan.com/auto-mot...t-export-batch).

**The Miyagi plant is currently not at 100% production capacity because of the earthquake (source:http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ab3bae869dbc73).
HYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #129
Idahotom

Drives: 2008 5 sp. LB
Quote:
Yes, I know we should all wear our seatbelts, and I do (95% of the time), but can someone tell me if the buckle has some sensor in it or can I get a buckle from the junk yard to plug in and stop the sound? If there is a sensor, how can I remove the buckle from the belt?
Same here! I use mine ALL the time, but one annoying thing is when I stop at my mail box, and then drive the 1 1/2 miles to my house on a dirt road at 30 mph, and I have to put the damn seat belt on or wait for it to quit beeping!
Idahotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #130
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahotom View Post
Same here! I use mine ALL the time, but one annoying thing is when I stop at my mail box, and then drive the 1 1/2 miles to my house on a dirt road at 30 mph, and I have to put the damn seat belt on or wait for it to quit beeping!
There are guides about this if you search around. Long story short, you can either get a spare buckle and plug it in there, use a resistor to trick the sensor, or get lucky and ask someone at your local dealership to disable it using a scantool.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #131
Robbie

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris YR, 5 door H
Send a message via MSN to Robbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Sorry guys, I'll post some directions with pics to make it a bit clearer, I'm awful at describing things! This is for the hatchback/Liftback with the digital speedo only, as far as I am aware!

1- Turn your car on to either 'on' or 'start'.
2- Turn on your headlights.
3- Press the same little button that you press to flick through your trip meter.

4- Flick through 'Trip A' and 'Trip B' til it shows up lines like this.

5- Hold down the button and it will flick through the different levels of brightness.

I hope this helps, excuse the blurry photos!

Someone with a sedan or a hatchback with an analogue speedo could confirm whether this is the same in their cars?

Cheers!
Ohhhhhh! I was flicking through my trip/OBD meter the other day and saw thoes funny dash looking lines and was wandering wtf that was

Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #132
bB2NER
My Box and Her Egg

Drives: 05' Scion xB / 08' Yaris 3dr
Quote:
Yes, I know we should all wear our seat belts, and I do (95% of the time), but can someone tell me if the buckle has some sensor in it or can I get a buckle from the junk yard to plug in and stop the sound? If there is a sensor, how can I remove the buckle from the belt?
You can buy dummy plugs for when you don't want the belts. I got 2 of them and connected them together but apart. That way they will be harder to loose.
bB2NER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #133
the_boss

Drives: 07 YARIS HATCH 5 DOOR
Send a message via MSN to the_boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahotom View Post
it beeps 70 times before it get quiet....and usually 1 gallon of milk is not enough but 2 will make it beep! Ohh and a crate full of quarts of paint as well...!!
the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #134
Chaldon

Drives: 08 Yaris 3d
My favorite post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81 View Post
The rear bumper snaps into place. The car weighs 2200 lbs. The stock muffler comes in and goes out on the same side. The max RPM is 6500. The car stops at 117 MPH. The stock air box has a 1" inlet for air, 2 air filters that are super restraining, and weighs far too much. The engine gets hot after it's been running for awhile. USA Yarii seem to have a cross threaded A/F sensor in the exhaust manifold. The stock header is only 1" in diameter at the smallest point. The rear wiper has a clip-on it that can be broken off or cut off to allow you to change and clean it easier. Some cars do not have a cabin air filter. The stock oil is Synthetic, but the extended warranty only covers regular oil, so you have to pay $8 to get the right oil put in your car. The low jack system really does work. The correct place to plug in a Tach is at the OBD port (where the dealership plugs their thing in to read what your car is doing). The engine travels over 5" when you rev it up. The catalytic convertor acts as a resonator as well as a catalytic convertor. You can change the look of your car simply by scratching it with rocks (I have great kids, and luckily they are still alive... barely). The stock auto can go from 0-60 in 11.6 seconds. The highest recommended speed for the Yaris is 68 MPH. I will post more stuff later. Drive On!
Now I want to swap in better engine air filter and look into a better air box as well. How the hell do I get LowJack to work?

- Cabin filters are under $20 at Kragen.
- 2008 Yaris uses the same high-beam bulbs as a 2008 Prius
- The rear wheels don't need alignments- just the front. and stock suspension isn't very adjustable anyway.
- Half a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil can be added to a full crank case
- With concerns of a hydroplaning incident I've moved up to 50k mile 185/65/15 from Firestone (meant for a Prius in wet weather) with no problems... w/ regular hard driving and no rubbing on bounces with max turn. I checked ;)
- With the seat folded down flat the car sleeps 4 midgets sideways in the back. 3 in sleeping bags and 2 if you can't find the fitted kind in their size
- The cigarette lighter won't work with the key in OFF
- I'm about the add a police horn to a buttin next to the emergency light switch.
- LED day time running headlights can be mounted in the fog light cups without removing them. But you still have to figure out wiring lol
- I have cheap pop off hubcaps that stick out from the tires. I use silver Hammered spray paint after sanding to fix the scratches and it looks cooler and cooler with every coat. Some bastard better not steal them
- Aftermarket window tinting looks checkered with polarized glasses on
- The front windows including the little corner glass is already factory tinted a little bit. Like %8 or somthing.
- It's hard to find your Yaris in a crowded parking lot and you've forgotten exactly where you parked because it was hiding behind that SUV all this time
- I get 32mpg because I average 80mph and I'm fine with that
- Ive run out with randoms for now
Chaldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #135
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
^The high-beam bulb IS the low-beam bulb. It's a dual filament H4 (9003) bulb. . . I can't see the Prius using the same bulb if it has dedicated high-beams (especially if it has HID low-beams).
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #136
Chaldon

Drives: 08 Yaris 3d
Quote:
Originally Posted by djct_watt View Post
^The high-beam bulb IS the low-beam bulb. It's a dual filament H4 (9003) bulb. . . I can't see the Prius using the same bulb if it has dedicated high-beams (especially if it has HID low-beams).
Well it does. I noticed it when looking in the Sylvania bulb book at Kragen yesterday. HID is a different story.

edit: They both take the 9003
Chaldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #137
My Yaris 2009 is Awesome!
I've made a post!

Drives: Dark silver 5 doors 2009 Yaris
Hi everybody.

I'm new on the group but I expect to be actively posting, because I love my Yaris. You can call me "My Yaris 2009 is Awesome" because since 2009, my car rules the road !!

About this thread: I'd like to discuss, how thanks to its size The Yaris fits everywhere, or how thanks to its size The Yaris it's an uncrashable car.

But today's is not the case.

No people...

Today I'd like to talk to you about something more important related to that "evil" third wiper on back window.

Hell Yeah !!,
Every Yaris/Prius owner has to deal with them.

My story begins a few months ago, when I had to change my 3 wipers manually: Piece of cake !! -I thought -

Everything gone as usual until I tried to lift the back wiper to change it. And as everybody here knows, it doesn't matter how hard I try, the wiper just rise up a little bit.

Then after months looking at my 2009 Hatchback Yaris, I found the problem.

As I'm from Mexico, it looks like I can't find the right words to explain my discovery but hey !!, an image says more than a thousand words ¿right?. So, click on this link to find the answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50btxtAuHfE

We'll meet again and thanks for reading me.

See ya !!
My Yaris 2009 is Awesome! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #138
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Actually it now occurs to me (looking at that video) that as easy as it was to remove the part you moded, I think you could leave it unmoded and simply remove it whenever you need to change your wiper blade...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #139
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
Actually it now occurs to me (looking at that video) that as easy as it was to remove the part you moded, I think you could leave it unmoded and simply remove it whenever you need to change your wiper blade...
glad i wasn't the only one who thought that.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #140
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Pull out the 7.5 amp fuse bottom row third from the left to shut off the AC in winter.

It runs whenever you put defrost on.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #141
2o6

Drives: 2007 Liftback
If you have power locks, the car will not let you lock the doors if the car is off and the key is in the ignition.
2o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #142
ijose 845

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris
if you turn the key twice to lock or unlock your car it also unlocks or locks ur trunk :o

Angry Bird Crew #1

ijose 845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #143
spocksleftball

Drives: 2011 yaris
There is an interdementional vortex located under the driver seat on the hatchback into which all things dropped with the right hand fall. It is located in a slit in the carpet just in front of the jack. You have to remove the jack and hunt by feel to attempt to retrieve anything there. But once there it is probably gone.
spocksleftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #144
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksleftball View Post
There is an interdementional vortex located under the driver seat on the hatchback into which all things dropped with the right hand fall. It is located in a slit in the carpet just in front of the jack. You have to remove the jack and hunt by feel to attempt to retrieve anything there. But once there it is probably gone.
THat there vortex is really a Black Hole.... NOTHING comes out.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote