Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
urbanmindz
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
High Beam Issues

Hello all. I used to be a member here before all the data got lost. I did my yaris carputer and also projector headlights..

I have searched and have not found specific information so I thought I would ask before going to Toyota.

I have an 08 Yaris S Sedan (no drl)

This morning my girlfriend was driving the car and noticed that the high beam dash indicator was lit even thought she did not have the stalk switch turned on. She walked out of the car and to her surprise, the lights were on. I asked her to turn on and off the switch just in case but it stayed on..

I have projector retrofits with custom wiring. I have removed the relays from my custom wiring and fuses so i am POSITIVE it is not my wiring. I have even unpluged my HIDs and left the wiring as if it were stock. I unplugged the battery for about 5 minutes and pluged it back up but still the indicator was still on. I know that the h11 socket is being sent electricity because i tested with a multimeter.

Summary: No matter what position the switch by the steering wheel is on, my high beam is getting electricity and the dash is indicating it is on. I even unplugged the switch (white socket on the stalk) and even still the dash and high beam were getting juice.

Thoughts: it could be a stuck relay. I have played with all the relays that i could see and none of them seam to make any difference.

Questions: where is the stock high beam relay? Has anyone has this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided
urbanmindz is offline   Reply With Quote