Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
no, I don't

D.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #20
derickveliz2

This is just the beginning, I made a little video clip to show how CLD tiles work.
In the rear quarter panels I applied 2 CLD Tiles to one side check it out!

[NOTE] So far I have found 1 or 2 OEM tiles of deadening from Toyota, one on the right quarter panel and it's dry and cracking, I'm going to take it down, and put another 2 CLD Tiles.

Click the link:

VIDEO

Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #21
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
damn! I was moving gingerly around those C-pillars simply because of the airbag option in my sedan...

...I've been trying to find someone who has taken the pillars off and dropped the headliner with that airbag option.

Looks like I'll be the one to guinea pig this one...

Last edited by sqcomp; 03-05-2010 at 04:09 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #22
derickveliz2

Huuuh that is a tuff call.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #23
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Oh, the call is already made. I just have to be careful so as not to impede the operation of those airbags.

30 someodd days until I hit US soil...after the demobilization...this car is going to be transformed.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #24
derickveliz2

Huuh!!! GOOD for you man! only 30 days, can't wait to see you put your hands in your Yaris.

BTW... how did you deal with the vent in the trunk, now that I'm driving without any carpet or back seats (it's very noisy) I can hear a lot of noise coming from that little vent. For example when I switch from fresh air to circ.

I know this has been in other threads but I wonder if there a creative way to take care of this and not loose it's function.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #25
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I've got everything back in. with all the deadening in the cabin, the only noise I get is from the windows really. Once the amprack and sub enclosure is in, the trunk vents will no longer be any issue at all.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #26
derickveliz2

I spent 3 hrs last night, most of the time in the trunk and quarter panels. Applying the vibration dampeners (CLD Tiles) on the small flat surfaces covering about 25-35% of the area to stop the vibrations.

This morning my ride was not as loud. It's incredible to feel the difference, the rear end fills more solid, I can't wait to put on the Foam and the Vinyl to block the noise. I made my own scale to qualify the level of noise, been 10 the loudest (no rear seats, no rear trim panels nothing in the trunk. and 1 been in idle at a stop sign. EOM is right in the middle 5 (this is my own scale for reference only)

So yesterday noise level was at 10, today was at 9 and I found something very particular...

At highway speeds I hear a butterfly noise + road noise, very loud in the back (noise level 9), it's the air valve on the left side of the car at the rear quarter panel. if I close the circulation air the road noise goes away but the flapping gets worst (noise level 8).

Then I tried to open the front right window just a little bit, the road and butterfly noise goes away,(noise level 7) very interesting, I'm going to have to do something about this valve.

I went under the car and looks like I'm going to apply CLD Tiles to the metal sheet that is in front of this valve, also I was thinking in doing a small partition with MLV (Mass Loaded Vinyl) and CCF (Closed Cell Foam) with a small acoustical box inside the trunk, to block that noise. (this way I can practice cutting and gluing the MLV)

(I know I'll have some other issues once the sound waves of the sub-woofer travel around the trunk, but I can't take out the purpose of this valve away, I have a 3 year old son and I don't want to smash his ears every time we close the door; I don't know now what will happen, we'll figure out as we go)

Lets see how it goes.

Back to work...
Old 03-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #27
derickveliz2

Ok, so I spent another 3 hours list night again. My wife is not very happy I went to bed around 2:30am. This is something I'm really enjoin!!!

I applied more CLD Tiles to the trunk floor, under the back seat and trunk lid. In some sections I put extra RAAMmat BXT, now I'm thinking more speaker like so I end up covering most of the holes and putting it over joins and some corners not to kill vibrations on the metal but to help with acoustics.

For the air valve I taped a small piece of packing foam right in front of the vent, and that made a huge difference.

Noise level this morning was at 6, very impressive.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #28
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Where you plan on putting that 3.5 ? And what kind is it ? I have my eye on this powerbass to mount in the c-pillar since i plan on doing away with my 6x9's all together.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerBass-S-35...8233176&sr=8-2

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #29
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Where you plan on putting that 3.5 ? And what kind is it ?
They are Rockford Fosgate Punch P132C 3-1/2", got them cheap at

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...nch+P132C.html

I also got a bass blocker for them.

They will be installed in the rear deck where the 9x6 where. Letting the bass from the sub-woofer travel through the cabin.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #30
_S7V7N_

Yeah i seen that Capacitor " bass blocker " tied into the side, i was wondering if that came with the speaker. Nice price and name brand Lolll....I'd be scared to send my 3.5 flying off with all the pressure i plan on having comming out of my trunk. I plan on putting it in the c-pillar facing somewhat forward if possible. i think the cutout is something like 3.125, so not a Huge hole.

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
Old 03-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #31
derickveliz2

Quote:
Yeah i seen that Capacitor " bass blocker " tied into the side, i was wondering if that came with the speaker. Nice price and name brand Lolll....I'd be scared to send my 3.5 flying off with all the pressure i plan on having comming out of my trunk. I plan on putting it in the c-pillar facing somewhat forward if possible. i think the cutout is something like 3.125, so not a Huge hole.
No it's not in the picture, this is what I got

Stinger SGJ92 Bass Blocker 0-600Hz

I'm looking forward to see you installation, did you started yet?

I'm also going to use this for the speaker at the rear deck:

Last edited by derickveliz2; 03-10-2010 at 11:16 AM.
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #32
_S7V7N_

I have the Base so my seats don't fold, so the 6x9 holes will vent the air to the cab of the car. Loll my poor 6x9's right now, i bet the paper cones all screwed up on them...I'll see when i remove them.

Right now i have two kicker cvr 12's in a sealed box, but it's a Messy installation, I'd rather sell them and Order the Type R's but Money's tight, So i'll run the Cvr's for now. I actually plan on seeing if i can Mount my spare tire under the car today if i do i'll have pics of that. The rest of the stuff i ordered on monday, my 6.5's will be here tomorrow, and amp and amp kit should be here periodically throughout the week. By next week i'll order the Brutus 1600. then all that's left is the sub box which Taln is running specs on his program. Here's my Head unit, which i need to do some work on as well, I'll later on sell that and get a 7 inch flip up.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #33
derickveliz2

Quote:
Right now i have two kicker cvr 12's in a sealed box, but it's a Messy installation, I'd rather sell them and Order the Type R's but Money's tight, So i'll run the Cvr's for now. I actually plan on seeing if i can Mount my spare tire under the car today if i do i'll have pics of that. The rest of the stuff i ordered on monday, my 6.5's will be here tomorrow, and amp and amp kit should be here periodically throughout the week. By next week i'll order the Brutus 1600. then all that's left is the sub box which Taln is running specs on his program. Here's my Head unit, which i need to do some work on as well, I'll later on sell that and get a 7 inch flip up.
Nice!

Why do you want to move spare tire under the car?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #34
_S7V7N_

I'm going to mount the amps down in there and my capacitor, and eventually a battery, then be able to put a board over it for everyday use, and plexiglass for shows. So all that will be in the actual trunk are the subs, right now i don't have much room with the amp and stuff mounted in there.. like i said.. messy install.

My g/f hates to take the camry everytime we go shopping, so this way i can have a bit of room. Loll unless the box is going to be Hugeee.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #35
derickveliz2

Quote:
I'm going to mount the amps down in there and my capacitor, and eventually a battery, then be able to put a board over it for everyday use, and plexiglass for shows. So all that will be in the actual trunk are the subs, right now i don't have much room with the amp and stuff mounted in there.. like i said.. messy install.

My g/f hates to take the camry everytime we go shopping, so this way i can have a bit of room. Loll unless the box is going to be Hugeee.
I hear you!

do you have any pictures or a thread of your install?

Old 03-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #36
_S7V7N_

I'll take pics when i'm out there later on, and start my own install thread, Kind of like a before and after. Im fixin to grab some Lunch and go to our storage unit to pick up some more tools and a quick stop at home depot. I'll throw up and install thread when i get back later on.. Gl on your stuff as well bro and don't upset the wife too much...Loll i've been staying up till 3 everynite doing research on diff things and on the USACI site reading through there forums and my g/f is like....are you going to bed early tonite..Lollll...I just got back into the audio stuff, i had heart surgery las year in Feb so i'm starting to do more and more as far as lifting and stuff like that, I went back to work in August and i think i done popped every damn wire they put in my chest guess it was too soon to run a buffer and 3 stage a whole car..Loll that's what happens when you're young i guess....them wires are made for older people..Anyways a bit off track..I'll hit you back later on.