Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
loafer650

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Question My thoughts regarding this forum

im fairly new to this forum and have been reading all the different posts etc..i notice alot of ppl like to use the terms such as "too ricey" "fart cans" etc.. Give me a break, if the yaris isnt RICE iono what is. dont tell me you want your yaris to sound like a mustang? I bought this car as a commuter, and only plan on doing cosmetic mods. imho any modification of the yaris being that is for performance or cosmetic will automatically put it in the category of RICE! if you dislike anything RICE buy a ford or chevy!

back in the day our parents would get us hondas and toyotas cuz they were cheap and economical. then people started adding some rice flavor. i remember making air filters with stockings..lol. ricer was a derrogatory term used on ppl who drove 4bangers with whatever mods they could do back in the day..who's laughing now..every1 driving hondas and toyotas now.

that being said, what does rice mean to you?
loafer650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Ricer is a derogatory term.... many of us are tuners... much different.... ricers are like Drag Queens of the Homosexual world, over the top, with too much flair, and flashyness.....
And you want to hear my Yaris? A hell of a lot nicer sounding than some mustangs, and I am running a flowmaster.... no rice here
Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
loafer650

i totally agree with you black. there is nothing wrong with modifying just wondering why people would say oh that sounds ricey. to me ricers are those knuckleheads who try to street race anything that moves...

to me those over the top drag queens are just newb ricers and trust me there are alot where i come from.. my neighbor has a stock 97 honda dx with a dual ram air hood scoop?

Last edited by loafer650; 08-29-2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: wanted to add rather than posting again
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Rice
http://www.ricecop.com/gallery.php?make=Honda
Rice
http://www.modenstudios.com/realricers.html
and you might be a ricer if...
http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_m..._ricer_if.html
Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
cdmyaris

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
people call me ricer cause they are just simply jealous....

I have thing to tune any of cars. Right now i have Yaris... So i want to tune its my hobby... well expensive hobby.

Maybe youre just jealous?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
Black Yaris
der Zeck

not jealous, of a hugh ricer wing and a rediculous body kit with neon tubes hanging out, and the hood painted flat black to "look" CF... not jealous at all
I drive a clean, low Yaris with a little bit of go.... only thing that would make me happier is more go and low
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #7
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Rice, by itself, to me means an Asian built/designed car....period. And I don't mean this in any way as a racial/prejudiced comment!!!! I think there are lots of adjectives that mean different things to different people. This is an argument that no one wins or agrees on. To me (for all cars) over the top means an excellant combination of modifications, while overboard describes a vehicle with nonfuctional mismatched mods.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:01 AM   #8
loafer650

Rice
http://www.modenstudios.com/realricers.html

That rap songs pwns...
Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 AM   #9
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
"rice" is such a stupid term. i don't walk up to jose and tell him his '54 bel air is "beans" or call up leroy and tell him his '64 impala is "fried chicken" or tell chad that his viper is "mayo."

whoever coined the term "rice" is an idiot. rice is delicious and i'll eat it with fried chicken and beans. but no mayo lol.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:38 AM   #10
loafer650

Quote:
Originally Posted by churp View Post
Rice, by itself, to me means an Asian built/designed car....period. And I don't mean this in any way as a racial/prejudiced comment!!!! I think there are lots of adjectives that mean different things to different people. This is an argument that no one wins or agrees on. To me (for all cars) over the top means an excellant combination of modifications, while overboard describes a vehicle with nonfuctional mismatched mods.
this isnt an argument. and churp your definition is exactly what most ppl think rice is. thats why i am wondering why someone who owns a yari would refer to parts as "RICEy" or "fart cans". ive only ever heard those terms used for imports and never for US domestics. just want ppls opinion as to what "rice" means to them. maybe we could all learn something.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:11 AM   #11
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I think you guys are looking at cars that were definitely COOL in their day believe me big wings were cool, big ass stickers all over the car were the shit, clear taillights were awesome, and bigmouth body kits would get you some putang. (look at old tuner magazines) BUT of course this is no longer the case, this has passed, but these vehicles still roam around looking for a new owner to give them life again, but more than likely it will not happen. today its a different ball game. so give some people a break just because you do not like it, it does not make it rice, its just plain and simple not your taste. some people like 15" wheels others 20" wheel no reason to bash someones brains in. Just sit back and do your thing, you'll live longer.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:32 AM   #12
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
RICE is a opinion & opinions are like assholes , everyone has one AND they ALL smell Bad ! Everyone's , but mine ! because it's smelling like a Rose right now !!

Now pass me the Rice ,Chitlin's , Beans with a Heavy side of Mayo PLEASE !! My Yari is about to eat Yer lunch !!
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:19 AM   #13
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I've lost count of the number of total strangers who have complimented my modified Yaris.

I guess everybody loves rice.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #14
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
I like rice.. Especially with a Chicken Chimichanga..

Paddy Rice or Rough Rice
Brown Rice
Milled Rice
Broken Rice
Rice Bran and Stabilized Rice Bran
Organic Rice
Parboiled Rice
Instant Rice
IQF Frozen Rice
Fried Rice
Wild Rice

Actually... IMO, anything made in Asia is rice. Anything "made in US" is wannabe rice.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:20 AM   #15
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by churp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer650 View Post
this isnt an argument. and churp your definition is exactly what most ppl think rice is. thats why i am wondering why someone who owns a yari would refer to parts as "RICEy" or "fart cans". ive only ever heard those terms used for imports and never for US domestics. just want ppls opinion as to what "rice" means to them. maybe we could all learn something.
basicly you two are useing the term as it was long, long ago, when it was a bad thing to own an imported car from Japan. Using rice to descibe all japanese vehicles faded with other other terms of the period "rad", "Awsome", "grody", as well as parachute pants and Vanilla Ice.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #16
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
Actually... IMO, anything made in Asia is rice. Anything "made in US" is wannabe rice.
US rice = Uncle Bens

To me rice is the non-functional mods, huge wings and so forth, whether domestic or import.

It's interesting that some people think of any Asian import car as rice--I have only thought of bikes this way, as in kawasaki etc being rice rockets.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #17
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Non-functioning mods - exactly. I once saw a 280ZX with a rear spoiler made of 2 electrical boxes, like the ones in you walls, and a piece of plastic all screwed together. This was in Miami. I could not beleive my eyes. It was hilarious.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #18
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Non functional mods make you a ricer.

Joe, you're a ricer. If you don't think you are look at your tail lights again.

I am too.

In fact, I would argue most of us here are.

And? I've always wanted to be a ricer since I was a little kid and I saw my first turbo Civic. So what? Its a fun hobby. It is no dumber than 90% of the other hobbies I hear of. You stay in your garden, I'll be under the hood.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote