Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
BruceLee

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
08 HB DRL Issue

Model: 08 Yaris Hatchback

....after a while searching on Internet, I end up here, it seems you guys are so professional... plz help.. with my issue of the DRL that I tired to put at the position of the fog light

What I tend to do:: The negative wire need to connect to the negative side of battery. The positive wire need to get power from the ignition fuse box. Therefore, the Daytime Running Light will turn on when the key ignition on.

The above is what that eBay seller says... and I want the DRL runs only after Headlight is on or always on after I start the engine...

What I did:: Tap DRL negative wire to (-) on battery, then bought a Fuse Tap replacing the headlight fuse, connected DRL positive wire to Fuse Tap

Issue 1::Replace LEFT headlight fuse with fuse tap, the DRL is only turned on when I switched to parking light, but will be off when headlight is on...this is what i don't want..

Issue 2::Replace Right headlight fuse with fuse tap, the DRL is always on after I replace the fuse with fuse tap, no matter the I put the ignition key in or not... sad..

Issue 3:: If I tap the DRL positive wire to (+) on Battery, negative to fuse tap... it starts blinking/flashing..

so what should I do?
BruceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The problem is that the headlight fuses are constant power supplies. The ground leg is the switched side for the headlights. So, you would connect the positive leg of your DRLs to the battery (with a fuse) and then connect the negative to the switched ground leg on the headlight connector, which is the blue wire on the right headlight and the green wire on the left headlight.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
BruceLee

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
i am a totally newbbie here. .. wheres the switched ground leg or where is the headlight connector? are these in the fuse box? thanks
BruceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Switched ground leg is not a where, but rather a what. Some cars switch the positive feed to the bulb, some like ours switch the ground.

The headlight connector is the three pin connector that plugs into the back of the headlight bulb.