Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
DaninTexas
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4 dr
A/C Compressor failure causes..

My wife hit a deer head on with her Yaris and had it fixed at a local shop per our insurance company's instructions. A/C condenser had to be replaced along with various body parts. Here's the interesting part: when we got the car back the A/C worked intermittently where it had worked perfectly before the wreck. I took it back to the shop (which is not an A/C shop) and they diagnosed the problem as being with the condenser they used - they used an aftermarket part. So they replaced it with a Toyota condenser. Now the A/C doesn't work at all. They told us that the compressor was bad and that it was just bad luck. I bought a set of gauges and the readings are: Low 115 psi and High 125 psi. They did not replace the receiver drier. The compressor clutch engages. My question is this. Could the repair shop have caused the compressor to go out or is it all coincidence?

Thanks ahead of time. I've learned a lot by lurking on here.

Dan
DaninTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c compressor