Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
beaker

Drives: 07 Yaris 3 door
DC Sports CAI interference problem with fog lights

I just purchase a DC Sports CAI for my 2007 Yaris hatchback. I pulled the instructions out and read over them, and it states that this intake will have interference problem with factory fog lamps. Before I go thru the trouble of yanking my front bumper cover off, can anyone tell me what I'm gonna run in to?

If it's too much trouble, I just assume take the DC Sports CAI back, maybe get a hybrid CAI. If not, I'll go ahead with the install.

Thanks in advance.
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check out the thread linked below. The DC sports one tucks up under the bumper.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37394
Old 09-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
beaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Check out the thread linked below. The DC sports one tucks up under the bumper.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37394
Cool, thanks. That is the same part # I got.

If it installs like the pics in the thread you linked to, I don't see where there will be a problem with interference with the fog lamp. Maybe I won't have to trim the tube to fit behind the bumper, and it looks like it's high enough and tucked in behind the bumper cover, that I shouldn't have water problems.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
beaker

Update-DC Sports CAI install

Well, I got the CAI installed tonight. Wasn't that difficult, but there would be a few changes to make it fit better that I would do.

1st, The OEM crankcase breather tube is too short once the CAI is installed. Really wish DC Sports made you aware of this in the instructions, as I had to make a run to the parts store for some 5/8 heater hose to make the connection.

2nd, the vacuum switching solenoid is mounted to the OEM air intake hose with a bracket that slips into a rubber grommet molded to the OEM hose. Once you remove the OEM air intake hose, now this solenoid is just dangling there. DC Sports sends you a zip tie so you can reattach it. Kinda cheesy IMO.

3rd, it's a really tight fit for the air filter behind the bumper cover and the inner fender liner. Push it to far back, the tube distorts the inner fender liner, which is a problem on lowered cars. Push it to far forward, then it interfers with the bumper cover, to the point you can't reattach it. I didn't cut the tube, but it definitely could stand to be an inch or two shorter, or the tube could use less bend where it goes under the bumper bracket.

Now that I'm done bitching, this CAI sounds AMAZING! I can definitely feel a difference in throttle response. Not sure how much of a HP gain, but car feels more peppy.

Overall, I'm pleased.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Yarisaur

Drives: 07 Yaris
Are these intakes 48 state legal?
Yarisaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
beaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarisaur View Post
Are these intakes 48 state legal?
C.A.R.B E.O.

#D-379-15

according to the sticker that comes with it.