Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
My RICE encounter last night!!!!!!!!!!!!

driving home 3 a.m last night of course tired and little tipsy ran into a riced up acura integra.. multi color kit , huge spoiler, and them nos stickers on the side. stopped on a red light ..of course i was admiring his rice box so glance at the car then the driver..big mistake..he started revving his engine on me and i was like "really" ?? green on and this guy took off not sure on what G but he was gone bout 1 km ahead he slowed down and lined up with me doing 60 km/hr legal limit..taunting me, clutching just to rev his so called engine juiced up with NOS...., i looked at him and waved my head side to side to say im tired and not playing with him, he gave me that facial squirm with the eye brow raised up then took off.....with my speed he must have hit 100 km on that 60 zone...where is these cops when you need them......

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."

Last edited by marcus; 07-21-2011 at 07:53 AM.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
you know that integra would doo doo all over you.....
ROCKLANDTOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Rev ur engine and as soon the light turn green take a right turn lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
The only people that I have try to race me are guys in huge trucks. I dunno what it is, but for some reason the bigger the truck, the more intimidated they are by my small car.

I tried to get a Aston Martin V12 Vanquish to race me the other day (I just wanted to hear that puppy roar) but the old fart driving it wouldn't have it. When I'm about to die and blow all my money on some awesome car, you can dang well bet I'll be using that puppy for all its worth.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
What is it with old dudes and Astons? I saw a Rapide the other day owned by some 80 year old. Amazing car.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Hate talking about street racing, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLANDTOYOTA View Post
you know that integra would doo doo all over you.....
Take it from a genuine track monkey: it's the man that wins races, not the machine.

Plus I'm sure his mommy gave him hell later for staying out that late with her car. Wonder who the real "winner" is now..

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
[QUOTE=47_MasoN_47;586369]The only people that I have try to race me are guys in huge trucks. I dunno what it is, but for some reason the bigger the truck, the more intimidated they are by my small car.QUOTE]

Its cuz your penis is bigger and they have to find some way to fill the void.

I go to these club meets every now and then on saturday night to try to get people to join autox. I always get guys wanting to run me that night. I always say, I dont street race anymore, come to the autox and lets see if you know how to actually drive that car. Very few times poeple actually show up. Im just trying to get people knowledgable about autox. I wish someone would build a 1/4 mile track here for those draggers.. If I had the money, Id build a 1/4 mile track and off to the side a HUGE flat concrete area for autox..
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
thepartsmancometh

Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
3/4 ton diesel trucks try to race me all the time in the wrx. Don't know why, the jacked up 4x4 crowd around here always has something to prove.

Had a guy on a Harley try to race me in the Yaris the first day we had it. I told him our engines made the same power
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
^ haha, I tell my rider buddies I have a 1500 cc (fifteen hundred cc).
Old 06-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
marcus
toyota

i think we should have sticker saying " take it to the track "

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
Old 06-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
driving home 3 a.m last night of course tired and little tipsy
drunk driving ftl
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Careful. In B.C they just lowered the blood alcohol limit to .5%- don't know about ON though.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #13
marcus
toyota

i dont drive drunk no one should i do let it pass for hours and normally stop drinking by 12..or 3 hrs to flush it out, tipsy for me is just residual that makes me feel tired and sleepy.. 2 beer i believe is still legit for a person to drive in ontario but not for minor.. but i could be wrong.. " PLS DONT DRIVE WHILE INTOXICATED "

Old 06-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepartsmancometh View Post
I told him our engines made the same power
Not unless it was a V-ROD (Porsche engineered engine). Last I read, Harleys make about 60hp. But it's the torque!
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #15
Zebra

Drives: Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrivent View Post
Careful. In B.C they just lowered the blood alcohol limit to .5%- don't know about ON though.
You Canadians must handle your alcohol better than us yankees. They have a limit of .08 here...
Old 06-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #16
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Hardly Drivables are really a silly engine design, but that just fits right into the rest of the bike's design. I simply cannot see the attraction.

Worst is the attitude of the riders: "Gee, I'm gonna make as much noise as possible, just to piss off as many people as possible". Now we ARE getting into some kind of inadequacy...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #17
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Hardly Drivables are really a silly engine design, but that just fits right into the rest of the bike's design. I simply cannot see the attraction.

Worst is the attitude of the riders: "Gee, I'm gonna make as much noise as possible, just to piss off as many people as possible". Now we ARE getting into some kind of inadequacy...
OMG THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT. That's the same thing that runs through my mind when I see Harleys.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #18
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post

Ugliest bikes in the world, that's for sure! And then they hang all that crap off them.
What kills me are the number of reputable makers who are producing look-alikes, when they actually have design staff capable of MUCH better work
<shudder>
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote