Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I hate birds!!!!

Well, I washed my car yesterday. Left, came back, and it was crapped on by birds.
I do have a car cover, but the cover is all dusty, and covered in bird crap too!

What should I do. I can't keep washing it everyday, and I don't have access to an indoor garage/spot...

I hate you birds!

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
Gun Control

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I hear ya...I have a similar situation in that when ever I wash my car by hand within the next 12 hours it rains! I mean come on! My house is surrounded by 6 Maple Trees so I also get a little debris that sticks so I have to get it off. I can't use my garage right now because we are remodeling the house, garage, and storage shed which means that the garage is full of stuff for that.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
If you have a driveway, why not maybe invest in an easy-up canopy?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
If you have a driveway, why not maybe invest in an easy-up canopy?

I have attempted to come to an agreement with my wife on picking one of those up for 2 of my other vehicles and she won't agree to flip for the cash for one or two of them....plus she figures if she does then that will allow me to build our yard into a car lot...lol

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
Buckethead

Can't do it. It's almost a public lot for the complex that we live in.

Luckily for me, it's the nicest of them all.

The problem is that right above my space and the spaces next to me, there's this huge eucalyptus tree. Not only do I have to worry about birds, but tree sap. The sap will no doubt eat through paint if left unchecked.

Looks like I'll be doing touch ups, and my own washes for a long time. Small price for having a cool car like a Yaris.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
oktaren

Drives: 07yarisliftback04aveohatchback
well, they are getting even with us for using every bit of land up on earth as we can...
oktaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I would put security camera's and a then a laser system, or you can electrify your car and when you go to drive it deactivate it with a remote...? No doesn't sound like a plausible option?

I hear your pain, sometimes even at work if I park my car in the middle of the lot and no trees near my car the $#&$(#* birds crap on it! And yes even not long after I washed my baby! I think there is so much you can do if you can't park inside...I guess your car is so attractive that even Bird crap wants in the action
Old 08-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Put a bird feeder up in a tree across the street... let them shat on a neighbors car instead.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
Buckethead

I actually thought of that, but its not just regular pigeons. Parrots, crows. It would be a fiasco. Then if management finds out I sabatoged them I'm out.
That was funny, though!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #11
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
You may not like to, but you really have to clean the bird mess up as soon as possible. The reason is if you leave them on the car for too long, they will dry up and become difficult to wash away. Also, I have heard that some bird mess can, depending on what the birds eat, leave permanent marks on the clear coat, because of the acidity, I guess. I also fear that there can be traces of digestive juice or enzymes in the bird mess which can attack the paint. Paranoid, hehe.
Waxing the car may help a bit.

Last edited by swng; 08-02-2006 at 07:20 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #12
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead
I actually thought of that, but its not just regular pigeons. Parrots, crows. It would be a fiasco. Then if management finds out I sabatoged them I'm out.
That was funny, though!
Are you not allowed a cover in your apartment lot?

California Car Covers makes some of THE best NOAH covers around!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
well if its a eucalyptus tree. buy a koala. birds don't like 'em. Bird can't eat the tree. The koala will take care of the sap for the most part. and you'll have a little present next to your car instead. but ya I agree about the cleaning up as soon as possible, because sometimes I can't get the clay to get some poop stains out.

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #14
Buckethead

Oh, I'm allowed a "car cover", not a canopy or other modified contraption.
The thing with the car cover is that it gets dirty, and dusty, and also has bird crap on it. So if the car's clean, and I put the cover over it, back to the begining....I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Those covers from California Car Company are expensive. The one I've got was 30$ at Pep Boys. Those dudes have them at almost 500$ for custom, and like 149$ for basic.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #15
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I'm gonna buy a car cover soon because the hurricane season is in and I won't be able to park the car indoors. However, I'm afraid the cover won't be able to withstand the hurricane's winds. I dunno, I'll have to figure it out... Soon!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #16
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead
Oh, I'm allowed a "car cover", not a canopy or other modified contraption.
The thing with the car cover is that it gets dirty, and dusty, and also has bird crap on it. So if the car's clean, and I put the cover over it, back to the begining....I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Those covers from California Car Company are expensive. The one I've got was 30$ at Pep Boys. Those dudes have them at almost 500$ for custom, and like 149$ for basic.
I've had a Cali Cover for every one of my vehicals.. now we built a huge garage, so I have no worries.. but keep in mind, if it gets dusty, dirty, bird poopy, the NOAH covers can go in the washing machine (directions @ Cali Cover site). I never cared what the outside of my covers looked like, its the inside that you have to be careful of.. afterall, thats the side that touches your car.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
When my Yaris was 'young', I drove my little cousin to the Safeway in Strawberry Village in Mill Valley (right next to US 101) to go grocery shopping. Many birds (Seagulls I think) alight in this parking lot. We got out of my Yaris, walked a few feet, and then a bird crapped on my head! This was the only time in my life that this has ever happened. Thank god someone was with me so that they could guide me visually to remove it without rubbing it in! Here in Houston, but only in certain areas, birds flock together and bombard cars. I am sometimes a victim of such 'bombings', but I tend to not get upset...always recalling that at least the 'personal bombing' I experienced in Mill Valley had not occurred.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
When my Yaris was 'young', I drove my little cousin to the Safeway in Strawberry Village in Mill Valley (right next to US 101) to go grocery shopping. Many birds (Seagulls I think) alight in this parking lot. We got out of my Yaris, walked a few feet, and then a bird crapped on my head! This was the only time in my life that this has ever happened. Thank god someone was with me so that they could guide me visually to remove it without rubbing it in! Here in Houston, but only in certain areas, birds flock together and bombard cars. I am sometimes a victim of such 'bombings', but I tend to not get upset...always recalling that at least the 'personal bombing' I experienced in Mill Valley had not occurred.
HOLY THREAD REVIVAL FROM 2006 to 2012 THAT IS THE BEST I SEEN THUS FAR LMFAO
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote