Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #19
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
As for ST, I didn't realize the Si was the only car placing nationally. I find that there are several good cars in the Texas regions.
This varies greatly by Region, as with all classes. You could win HS out here in an AT Yaris on used race tires, while a fully built ST Yaris will get chewed up and spit out. ST in the NE and Cendiv areas is also a very fast class with a lot of the top drivers. TX is super spread out, and only has a few natl level ST guys to begin with. But if you can get near Hollis you are on the right track.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
oh, the Yaris is a great H-stock car, but there are not many HS cars at most events, and if there is a Mini Cooper, you will probably get beat, assuming the other driver is at least as good as you. The Mini has so much better of a suspension design that it will beat an equal driver in a Yaris. If you were to max-prep a Yaris within the Stock rules, I don;t think there are any cars other than a Mini that you'd need to worry about.

Street Touring (ST) is a nice class for us,a nd your setup makes you reasonably-competitive in most clubs. Even if a national-level car is running, you're in the running for 2nd place. My car is not max-prepped, but is pretty good for a DD/autox combo, and I am almost always in the top 5 these days, class-wise. I've been running a second or 2 behind the fastest STS Miatas on 60-second courses so far this season, and ahead of the majority of Miatas and S2K's locally. I'm hoping to compete at the Houston Divisional just to see how I fare. I missed the recent National Tour event here, which would have been a nice comparison, even though I'd have been DFL against those guys. (Andy Hollis, etc.)
What all is allowed on ST?
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #21
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachryboles View Post
What’s the class that the Yaris can dominate in anyway? I'm not looking on doing a TON of stuff to mine.... CAI, 15" Toyota alloys with good rubber, tanabe springs and axle back exhaust. I might do some more things but not much. I wonder what this would do to a "class" that I would be in and how competitive that class is in the DFW.
FSP, using 255's on 13's, coilovers, racing seats, airbag-free, lightweight battery.

my xA was very good locally in FSP.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote