Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Best modifications for the money spent
pcm / auto trans tune / reprogram 1 4.35%
tires / rims 6 26.09%
cold air / new intake 2 8.70%
forced air / intake / exhaust 2 8.70%
braking upgrades 1 4.35%
weight reduction, really ? 3 13.04%
rigidize / roll bar / etc 7 30.43%
suspension add ons 14 60.87%
other / not mentioned 2 8.70%
engine / trans / diff 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
JimKellyfan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Cool Yar

Just sold my Caprice wagon and bought a 2010 Yaris sedan, black, I think. Could be some type of gray as well. Kind of color blind-ish.
Any case, it was for the longevity of the engine and great fuel mileage. Checked it over more after buying (they were strong pushers of the supposed bumper to bumper warranty) (really just a powertrain warranty). So, I had to clean and adjust the rear brakes and set tire pressures, top fluids. There are other needs, although it does seem fairly well maintained. Will go through all fluids (change/flush all) once I get paperwork and minor issues straight with selling dealership. They promised a new battery at least, I will get that Saturday. That tested at 275 cca. I wanna put some performance stuff to it, mainly cold air and handling items for now. Hopefully, besides being helped here, I can help others as well. I am a tech/mgr/writer in the business, and mostly just a tech with my tools at a Ford dealer, although I do have Yota certs and experience too. One of the dudes I used to work next to said I would get 300k miles from these 1.5's if well maintained before it even started leaking oil, which sounds nice. Although, I am a maintainer, I am a spirited driver, some may say aggressive.
Attached Images

2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires
TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
JimKellyfan is offline   Reply With Quote