Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #73
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'm in Battleground. If we have a meeting point ip PDX I'll make it happen. There are plenty of points along the I-5 corridor to meet up. It WOULD be cool to take a "pre-cruise" picture at the Rose Garden...

...just planting the seed...
sounds good to me. im just trying to see if anyone from my area are going to the meet as well...if not i will drive by myself but i'd like to do a pre-meet along i-5. im pretty sure there are people leaving from everett, snohomish, etc?

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #74
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I'll be hitting I-5 from I-90 and going down, I believe there is a meet point/time for us. Don't have time to look it up right now but it is on the scionlife thread I believe.

I'm probably going to leave the 2nd yaris at home, and the GF is going to ride with me (possibly if she comes). I'm really excited, I think we'll have the best yaris turnout in the PNW to date!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #75
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
I'll be hitting I-5 from I-90 and going down, I believe there is a meet point/time for us. Don't have time to look it up right now but it is on the scionlife thread I believe.

I'm probably going to leave the 2nd yaris at home, and the GF is going to ride with me (possibly if she comes). I'm really excited, I think we'll have the best yaris turnout in the PNW to date!
im looking forward to check out your yaris with the new throttle body mod.
see ya there hopefully

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #76
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'm in Battleground. If we have a meeting point ip PDX I'll make it happen. There are plenty of points along the I-5 corridor to meet up. It WOULD be cool to take a "pre-cruise" picture at the Rose Garden...

...just planting the seed...
I can meet up in portland, but sense i'm not that familiar with the town it'd have to be an easy spot to find... plus, it'll take me 90mins to get there anyway (from Eugene).

Finalize it before saturday evening else i'll just be meeting up in castlerock or where-ever the washington meet point is.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #77
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
FYI, it looks like some of the Scion crew is meeting in Kelso at 9:30 and cruising up there. I'm hoping to be up there a bit before 10:00.

Anyone want to meet in the northern area of Portland or in Vancouver somewhere and caravan up? Or we could just meet in Kelso ... or just meet there. LOL
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #78
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
FYI, it looks like some of the Scion crew is meeting in Kelso at 9:30 and cruising up there. I'm hoping to be up there a bit before 10:00.

Anyone want to meet in the northern area of Portland or in Vancouver somewhere and caravan up? Or we could just meet in Kelso ... or just meet there. LOL
I'm leaving from Tigard and can meet anybody along the way. I will probably leave the house a little before 8 as I want to be in Castle Rock well before 9:30. Time to have a cup of coffee and get a good parking spot. The headcount from the meetup.com page is 35, so parking will be at a premium.
Attached Images

Stove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #79
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Would be sweet if us Yarri could park together @ castlerock, but with us rolling in at different times it's likely not gonna happen, but for sure lets try to roll up the mountain together. The parking for the castlerock meet has been in the gravel "tex oil" lot to the right of the shell station as there is ample parking for the group.

This weather has made it almost impossible to clean my car, only thing I can do is the interior. Going to clean my engine bay today but with all the rain the exterior has been impossible. The TB has been running like a dream, and I have at least 300 miles on it with zero problems so I will be leaving it on for sure for the cruise. Just wish I still had my TRD exhaust.

If everyone who says their going does (and I hope they do) were looking at 8 or 9 Yarii, or even more showing up. So no matter what before everyone takes off we need a group shot of just us.

Last edited by Astroman; 06-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #80
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Taln and TN...

Vancouver meeting place? RIGHT off I-5 before I-5 meets with I-205. When you're going North (obviously) you can see a small Fred Meyer store off to the right of the freeway. That's the Hazel Dell Fred Meyer store. It's technically three right hand turns off the freeway and two lefts and a right hand turn getting back onto I-5. There's a Starbucks right there or a BK and a McDs just down the street if anyone needs a recharge.

7700 Ne Highway 99 Ste B
Vancouver, WA 98665

^the Fred Meyer address. Notice it is like I said RIGHT off the freeway. It is a stone's throw away.

Thoughts?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #81
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stove View Post
I'm leaving from Tigard and can meet anybody along the way. I will probably leave the house a little before 8 as I want to be in Castle Rock well before 9:30. Time to have a cup of coffee and get a good parking spot. The headcount from the meetup.com page is 35, so parking will be at a premium.
There will actually be ample parking, as there's a fairly wide open gravel area just to the south west of your circle, which is where we've all parked before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp
Taln and TN...

Vancouver meeting place? RIGHT off I-5 before I-5 meets with I-205. When you're going North (obviously) you can see a small Fred Meyer store off to the right of the freeway. That's the Hazel Dell Fred Meyer store. It's technically three right hand turns off the freeway and two lefts and a right hand turn getting back onto I-5. There's a Starbucks right there or a BK and a McDs just down the street if anyone needs a recharge.

7700 Ne Highway 99 Ste B
Vancouver, WA 98665

^the Fred Meyer address. Notice it is like I said RIGHT off the freeway. It is a stone's throw away.

Thoughts?
I'm up for meeting there and caravaning up. My buddy with a Nissan Sentra will be headed up with my wife and me, too. Should we meet there at 8:30?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #82
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

8:30 am at the Hazel Dell Freddy's? I'm down.

Akk! I don't have Taln's Cell number in my phone for some reason...

We need to let him know. I'll PM him.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #83
Thirty-Nine

OK: 8:30 at the Hazel Dell Fred Meyer it is. I'll let others know, too.

Last edited by Thirty-Nine; 06-04-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #84
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
If you think parking wont be a problem in Castle Rock, I'll meet you guys in Vancouver at 8:30 for the drive up.
Stove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #85
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stove View Post
If you think parking wont be a problem in Castle Rock, I'll meet you guys in Vancouver at 8:30 for the drive up.
It hasn't been the last three years. There's a big, open area right by the gas station where people park for a bout 20 min or so before we go up. I do, however, recommend we be there semi on time. If we leave at 8:45-ish we should be fine.

Must ... resist urge to ... install header before ... Sunday. LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #86
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Just to note on that Hazel Dell map...

The Freddy's shares the same parking lot as a Salvation Army outlet. The marker is right on the SA corner. The Freddy's is the slightly bigger building just above it (North). There is a "bigger" parking lot on the North Side by the Starbucks. That's where I'll be.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #87
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Must ... resist urge to ... install header before ... Sunday. LOL
You finally got a header? What kind? My mechanic had mine on in just over an hour. I did have to get a new O2 sensor though.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #88
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
You finally got a header? What kind? My mechanic had mine on in just over an hour. I did have to get a new O2 sensor though.
DC Sports. I'm sooooo tempted to put it on before the cruise, but knowing my luck, something will get hosed during the install and I won't be able to bring the Yaris up. I'm trying to squelch the urge.

Why'd you need a new 02 sensor?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #89
Astroman
Modded Moderator

The old one was seized on the old header. Yeah, better not take the risk...
Old 06-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #90
Thirty-Nine

Ah. Yeah, I'm going to restrain myself, although just barely. Anyway, back on topic:

Weather looks like it's gone a bit south; 70% chance of showers. Then again, we Pacific Northwesterners should be used to a bit of precipitation.