Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #55
Maritime

Drives: 2008 yaris 5dr hatch
Pretty sure it will work fine. Replicate one more and buy the rear spring.spacers and the lift part will be sorted

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #56
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
I'm really hoping I can get to my metal place this week to pick up my bits!

Let us know when you install these. Dying to find out how it works.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:26 PM   #57
Maritime

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
I'm really hoping I can get to my metal place this week to pick up my bits!

Let us know when you install these. Dying to find out how it works.
Will do. Gonna order the rear spacers tonight or tomorrow and will put it all in once they arrive.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #58
Maritime

So I just pulled the trigger on these, $22CAD shipped off amazon. 1.5" coil spacers. not vehicle specific so hope they fit. Also a set of camber bolts as going up 1.5" will require an alignment I bet.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:41 AM   #59
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Sweet, hopefully Amazon is quick out that way lol

We got a record snowfall for Toronto yesterday. 26+ cm. With just the xd springs and the tires I'm running... this car was unstoppable. I was bombing around stuck SUVs, CUV's and just about everything else on the road. Even 2' snow berms left by the plow were no problem with a bit of momentum. Im guessing 1.5-2" of lift plus a larger tire will satisfy most people's desire for easier mobility in snow.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #60
Maritime

Quote:
Sweet, hopefully Amazon is quick out that way lol

We got a record snowfall for Toronto yesterday. 26+ cm. With just the xd springs and the tires I'm running... this car was unstoppable. I was bombing around stuck SUVs, CUV's and just about everything else on the road. Even 2' snow berms left by the plow were no problem with a bit of momentum. Im guessing 1.5-2" of lift plus a larger tire will satisfy most people's desire for easier mobility in snow.
I saw the snow on the news. We're getting that storm here but only calling for 10-15cm. I know with some clearance the little red car will get through anything. The only time I get stuck is when the bottom hits snow and lifts the tires off the ground. Bits should arrive on Friday, I have to do a bathroom reno so we'll see if I get some time to install the lift.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:17 PM   #61
Maritime

Was perusing the web for roof rack options then remembered I have a Thule setup from my old X-Trail(POS) so I am going to see if I can line that up and mount. Anyone know if the spot under the black rubber is thick enough to drill and tap threads? Generally that's the strongest part of the roof.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:48 PM   #62
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29812

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #63
Maritime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Thanks. I found that right after I typed the question. first time I searched I had a typo and nothing came up LOL. I need to look into the expanding anchors from that thread.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:05 PM   #64
Maritime

Rear spacers are supposed to arrive by tomorrow, Amazon guarantee. Camber bolts are landing in Maine today along with some other bits and bobs I ordered. Hopefully this weekend I can get the lift in, and get the rack out of storage and get it on too. I think I am going to wrap one of my wheels/tires with some foam or cardboard or something to add the width and diameter of the new tires and mount it up into the wheel wells front and back and see if anything is going to rub etc. That way if I need a spacer I can order them before I order the tires.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:09 PM   #65
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
I'm hoping you will take pics to document!
Old 01-31-2019, 01:11 PM   #66
Maritime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
I'm hoping you will take pics to document!
Yeah I will, I just noticed the links to the pics of all the parts I did are not showing in the thread anymore?
Old 01-31-2019, 01:14 PM   #67
Maritime

Just on my work pc, fine on phone. Looks like our new office 360 is blocking stuff

Old 02-01-2019, 04:42 PM   #68
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
tires:

Lift Kit which will give me 1" front and 1.5" back:

Maritime
Quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-li...~vgz:rk:3:pf:0

Looks simple enough, strut top bolt extender and spacer for strut, rear spring seat extender like for jeeps.
I have the General tires on my Jeep XJ. So far, I like 'em enough. For my Yaris, I'm running the prior gen of the BFG All Terrains in 195/70-14 (70, I think). They hold up well for daily driver duty.

Sure enough, when looking at my own Off Road Yaris project, I found some Jeep JK front spacers that may work in the rear of the Yaris. Some measurements were taken, and I *think* they could work. I bought them but never put them on to confirm. I'm pretty sure of it, though.

Quote:
Ha, that would be rad but way out of budget. I'll be lucky of I can manage a 2ZR swap and afford an LSD when the original motor finally bites the bullet. the lift, tires and rack are all budget friendly.
Quote:
Yea an LSD is about $1600 cad for a quaife. Plus install. Its not a budget friendly mod... But sometime you gotta say f-the budget lol
The LSD, plus the xB final drive ratio, is what I was considering for mine. But, unfortunately, I couldn't say "F- the budget" :( The cost of those two items, plus install, was high enough that I took that money and bought a 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ).

If you YouTube "off road yaris" mine should be the first hit. You can see where having an LSD would have helped. But in reality, that stuff I was attempting there IS a bit much for a FWD econobox :) I knew this going in! It did much better on regular dirt trails.

I really hope you get this project going!!!! I still go back and forth on mine.

Also, I'm still kind of tinkering with a way to get the rear lifted, without affecting the shocks, or the angle of the rear beam assembly.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:16 PM   #69
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

I think you'll have to make rear axle drop brackets if you don't want the angle of the axle affected. I plan on a 3-4" lift and I'm just gonna push that axle down. It will be way too much fab work to make axle mount drop brackets. I took a quick look one day to see if some sort of bolt in drop brackets could be made. Didn't look remotely easy to me.

Praying I can get my spacer bits next week. Didn't have time to get to the metal place before 5 this week :(

Old 02-03-2019, 12:34 AM   #70
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
This is a cool idea. I for one have always loved bugs, in all their various iterations, including the baja bug. I've often thought of the Yaris as the modern day VW bug due to it's simplicity, reliability, dependability and utility. Good luck and post your progress.
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:26 PM   #71
Maritime

Ok guys. Still working on this but wife decided this weekend was master bathe reno start so I beat out tearing out tiles, tubs and shit. Spacers came in and I think with 1.5" I shouldnt need to worry about axle or shocks. Ill get little bits done here and there over the next few days and report back.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #72
Maritime

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
I have the General tires on my Jeep XJ. So far, I like 'em enough. For my Yaris, I'm running the prior gen of the BFG All Terrains in 195/70-14 (70, I think). They hold up well for daily driver duty.

Sure enough, when looking at my own Off Road Yaris project, I found some Jeep JK front spacers that may work in the rear of the Yaris. Some measurements were taken, and I *think* they could work. I bought them but never put them on to confirm. I'm pretty sure of it, though.

The LSD, plus the xB final drive ratio, is what I was considering for mine. But, unfortunately, I couldn't say "F- the budget" :( The cost of those two items, plus install, was high enough that I took that money and bought a 1996 Jeep Cherokee (XJ).

If you YouTube "off road yaris" mine should be the first hit. You can see where having an LSD would have helped. But in reality, that stuff I was attempting there IS a bit much for a FWD econobox :) I knew this going in! It did much better on regular dirt trails.

I really hope you get this project going!!!! I still go back and forth on mine.

Also, I'm still kind of tinkering with a way to get the rear lifted, without affecting the shocks, or the angle of the rear beam assembly.
Yep, the LSD will be if and when I do an engine swap if the body is still good. I saw your vids on Youtube. Found them after I decided I'd do the Baja and started searching to see if anyone had done it before me. I'm only planning to use it on some old logging roads etc so after seeing what you did, I'm comfortable with the project. I can't find any tires in the 195/75/14 anymore. They are all discontinued, that's why I need to go qith the 27x8.5 14. I hope the 1.5" lift front and back and some fender massage will be enough to fit them without rubbing.

I have just a little bit of fab left on one front lift and I'll be ready to install. If I can swing a couple hours in the evening this week I'll get them installed. The rear lifts came and look promising. If the centers end up to wide, I'll cut those out and the outer cup walls should still keep them in place. Then I will drive it a few times to make sure all is ok noise/vibration wise. If good I'll cover a current wheel tire in foam/cardboard to make it the sized of the new tires and see if it fits in the wells. I'll need to compress the shocks/struts and still turn the wheels to see if they rub. I think I have enough stands and jacks to manage that. I'll post up pics when I do it.