Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
YarisPete

Drives: 09' Yaris Liftback and 06' FZ1
What the??? Low Air Pressure Sensors???!!!

I guess maybe I'm getting old (48 aint old!) or maybe I've taken on my Dad's attitude about technology and why can't they just keep cars simple!!!???

Okay so anyway, I had my original tires replaced at 72,849 miles with a set of Dunlop Signature Series tires. I bought my car in December of 08' so I crank on the miles each year.

They tell me they had to add $100 to my bill and I said... "You have the wrong car and the wrong paperwork!"

They were right and I now owe $100 to get rid of that annoying light on my dash!! It never worked when the tire was low and I saw for myself it was low!

Okay again so they removed the sensor because it looked bent and beat up and now the light works. What's up with that shit?

I still love my Yaris!!! They'll replace it tomorrow.

YarisPete!!!!!
YarisPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
kingbobby83
Yea..thats mine

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan 5 speed
Send a message via MSN to kingbobby83
Wow $100?! I work for Toyota and there is no reason to charge that much for a tire light. The light should come on when the tire is 5lbs low or more. The light is on because it is not picking up the sensor.They did not connect it to techstream..the computer to "uninstall" them. The best thing to do is to have it put back in. And there is no way it should cost $100 unless they did a diagnostic on it. But none the less, a simple lube tech usually services a tire light.the only way it could have gotten bent is when the tires were put on or off and they did not remove the sensor like you are suppose to do..It sounds like they just screwed up all the way around...
Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
they broke the sensor, and replaced it, and are charging you. bull crap.

you can replace tires without having to replace anything...so long as you didnt get aftermarket rims or anything....or anyone elses' rims...yours will still work.

so when they popped the bead, they likely broke the sensor on one or more wheels...and now you have to pay to fix it because they screwed up.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote