Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
romram

Drives: yaris hatchback
toyota yaris factory

are all toyota yaris brought to US came from Japan?
are there other toyota factory (for yaris cars & parts) out there?
if so? is that the reason why we have a little stock of yaris in US dealers?
romram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
They are all built in Japan. I think the low stock is due to the low sales of them this year and the fact that they would rather sell you a more expensive vehicle with a better profit margin. Where in CT are you looking? I drove by Colonial Toyota in Danbury last night and they had about 6 on the lot.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
It is also due to the earthquake. Toyota is just really beginning to ramp up production again from the events months ago. Plus, unless I am crazy I never really saw a lot of them in New England.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
I was actually going to order a 5 door one when all the mess went down in japan. I was talking to them via email and at one point they just stopped returning my emails. I bit the bullet on a used 3 door and got an email about 3 days afterwards saying that it would probably be good if I looked at different models. they were trying to sell me on a corolla S as it had the 5 speed.

I was told that if I were to order one it would have taken me 4 months to get it. that was before all the mess with the earthquake and tsunami. not sure how long it would take now.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
They very well could be spinning down production to introduce the 2012 models as well now that I think about it...that would make sense in them trying to sway you to a different car, plus they make more cash on the Corollas since the Yarii sell for very close to cost.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:08 AM   #6
romram

yap.saw a 4dr sedan at danbury. but can't find a 3dr hatch auto. last week, danbury just got 2 units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
They are all built in Japan. I think the low stock is due to the low sales of them this year and the fact that they would rather sell you a more expensive vehicle with a better profit margin. Where in CT are you looking? I drove by Colonial Toyota in Danbury last night and they had about 6 on the lot.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
I was told that the Yaris is a loss-leader for them anyhow. Toyota is/was hoping to get 20 year olds into their first new (cheap) Toyota, and then hoping they will stick with Toyota throughout their lifetime.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Whats the price of a Yaris now? I heard they went up.
My 3 door auto was $15K in 5-09. 0% interest too.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
romram

2011 3 dr hatch $16k average, depending on dealers/factory option(power or not plus add on accessories like armrest/bumper protection)...
and yet, it's hard to get the color you want....
polar white most commonly available...... blue seems to cost more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Whats the price of a Yaris now? I heard they went up.
My 3 door auto was $15K in 5-09. 0% interest too.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
In 4/08, I paid $14,160 for a loaded 3DR HB. A/T and full power. Seems like a bargin by today's costs.

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #11
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by romram View Post
2011 3 dr hatch $16k average, depending on dealers/factory option(power or not plus add on accessories like armrest/bumper protection)...
and yet, it's hard to get the color you want....
polar white most commonly available...... blue seems to cost more!
My advice? Forget that electric windows, remote control. etc etc. It cheaper without it and its only gonna break and cost $$$ to fix.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Quote:
My advice? Forget that electric windows, remote control. etc etc. It cheaper without it and its only gonna break and cost $$$ to fix.

I disagree. I love remote lock, wouldn't have a car without. Locks and windows may brake regardless, and will cost money to fix regardless. I've heard nothing to suggest power windows fail more frequently than crank windows. At least on the Yaris its all built with fairly easy maintenance, cheap parts and thanks to this forum and CTScott, DIY repairs are feasible.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by swidd View Post
I disagree. I love remote lock, wouldn't have a car without. Locks and windows may brake regardless, and will cost money to fix regardless. I've heard nothing to suggest power windows fail more frequently than crank windows. At least on the Yaris its all built with fairly easy maintenance, cheap parts and thanks to this forum and CTScott, DIY repairs are feasible.
On American stuff, power windows are a high precentage repair item.

If you own a 90's-00's Buick lesabre or Ford thunderbird long enough, you will have to replace the window motors.

I think a lot of Hyundais have window motor issues also.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
They very well could be spinning down production to introduce the 2012 models as well now that I think about it...
This makes sense; a few years ago Mazda had a fire at their factory that produced the 2nd generation Miata. Instead of quickly rebuilding the factory, they just decided to quit building 2nd gen Miatas immediately since it was the last year of production and instead focused on the 3rd gen Miatas.
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #15
romram

Quote:

yap, it's true.but now, you don't have a choice. it's what the dealers have.
not much yaris around....and it seems there few option to choose. most are already power opt, yet doesn't comes with bumper guard, center arm rest, etc...just to maintain a low cost over the competiton.
it's hard to get a yaris without power option, since japan factory is still recovering??!..even the colors you want are NOT available from dealers.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #16
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swidd View Post
My wife has this feature on her Camry. When we go anywhere she locks the doors. She locks the dam doors in front of our house! (where there is no crime whatsoever) So I have to wait for her (and her keys) to arrive before I can get in.

I should mention she doesnt have a remote just the "press to lock all doors" button.

I try to serupticiously unlock MY door before exiting.

But she is on to that...

We spent hundreds fixing the drivers electric window of her 1992 Honda Accord Station Wagon. Finally her brother fixed it for good.

Otherwise a worthy car. It had a manual transmission.