Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #289
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
Hello!
I have a question, I hope you all don't mind....
I have an 08 liftback, MT, without wiring. I've installed the buttons and the wiring to ground and ECM. I don't have a harness for the clutch switch, so I need to rig the switch to go into the fuse box in the engine bay. (If this is wrong please correct me)

The clutch switch has two contacts, so I assume I run two wires off of those contacts into the fuse box. My question is which wire goes where? Looking at the picture on the top of the 4th page of the pdf, I'm not entirely sure.

Correct on the clutch switch wiring. The clutch switch goes to the blue wire indicated below and the white wire, to pins to the right of the blue.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #290
Daren

Drives: 08 Black Liftback S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The clutch switch goes to the blue wire indicated below and the white wire, to pins to the right of the blue.
Thanks for the response! Checking to make sure I understand:
So both wires from the clutch switch splice into the blue wire and the white wire is moved to the right of the blue?

Last edited by Daren; 08-12-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: The internet has made me dumb.
Daren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #291
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
Thanks for the response! Checking to make sure I understand:
So both wires from the clutch switch splice into the blue wire and the white wire is moved to the right of the blue?
No, one wire from the clutch switch connects to the blue and the other connects to the white.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 AM   #292
Daren

Thank you so much.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #293
Daren

Cruise control works great! A big thanks to everyone who contributed!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #294
geniusmiki

Drives: Yaris 1.4 D4-D
Hi, i'm writing from italy.
I'm happy to found a forum like this, nothing of similar in my nation.

I really need a Cruis Control on my Yaris 1.4 D4D 2007

i have made some photos of my cables situation.

can someone help me to understand what i have to do now?

and i have alredy the clutch switch:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks for reply.
geniusmiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #295
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusmiki View Post
Hi, i'm writing from italy.
I'm happy to found a forum like this, nothing of similar in my nation.

I really need a Cruis Control on my Yaris 1.4 D4D 2007

i have made some photos of my cables situation.

can someone help me to understand what i have to do now?

and i have alredy the clutch switch:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks for reply.

For the European Yaris, you need to use an aftermarket cruise control, since the European ECM doesn't seem to have the function built in.

Check out the link below. This Belgium based company makes an aftermarket CC for European Toyotas:

http://www.el-pas.com/products.htm
Old 08-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #296
geniusmiki

Quote:
For the European Yaris, you need to use an aftermarket cruise control, since the European ECM doesn't seem to have the function built in.

Check out the link below. This Belgium based company makes an aftermarket CC for European Toyotas:

http://www.el-pas.com/products.htm
thanks for quick reply, if you are right, toyota has made 2 differenct ECM only for Cruise function?? very strange. i'm studing toyota thought, and in my car i have all predisposition for all optionals. This thing means that toyota don't make too many productive lines for different cables, why they should do this for ECM?
Old 08-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #297
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusmiki View Post
thanks for quick reply, if you are right, toyota has made 2 differenct ECM only for Cruise function?? very strange. i'm studing toyota thought, and in my car i have all predisposition for all optionals. This thing means that toyota don't make too many productive lines for different cables, why they should do this for ECM?
I don't know why they have different programs for the ECMs for the different markets. I would think that people all over the world would appreciate cruise control.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #298
geniusmiki

Quote:
I don't know why they have different programs for the ECMs for the different markets. I would think that people all over the world would appreciate cruise control.
And i think that the funcion of "cruise control" in ECM of european models, is only turned off, and it can be activated.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #299
sheraz2000

Drives: Vitz 2006
Send a message via MSN to sheraz2000
Quote:
If the Belta has blue and brown as the other two wires in D3, then it should work. If it has the cruise control indicator in the cluster, then to test it just jump the blue to the brown with the ignition on and the CC indicator should light.

For the other, which just has the black wire, the best quick test is to measure the voltage on the ECM pin (A21-Pin 40) with the ignition on. If CC is active on the ECM, then that pin will have 12V on it.
well, when i opened up the D3 connector on my belta, i got these wires. Tell me what to do from here forward. SORRY about the blurry pic, was taken from my mobile cam. But the wire colors r pink, orange, grey and black. there is no blue and brown cable. How to check if my car has CC in ECM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image0097.jpg (117.6 KB, 217 views)
Old 09-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #300
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheraz2000 View Post
well, when i opened up the D3 connector on my belta, i got these wires. Tell me what to do from here forward. SORRY about the blurry pic, was taken from my mobile cam. But the wire colors r pink, orange, grey and black. there is no blue and brown cable. How to check if my car has CC in ECM.
Those three wires are for the steering wheel audio controls. If a Yaris is wired for them, then it definitely does not have Cruise Control. Based on the wiring diagrams, areas that have steering wheel radio controls do not have cruise control and areas that have cruise control do not have steering wheel radio controls.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #301
sheraz2000

Quote:
Those three wires are for the steering wheel audio controls. If a Yaris is wired for them, then it definitely does not have Cruise Control. Based on the wiring diagrams, areas that have steering wheel radio controls do not have cruise control and areas that have cruise control do not have steering wheel radio controls.
but, my steering wheel doesnt have any radio controls. can i do the CC still, using the pin 40 method and using the black wire ?? (while ignoring the rest of the cables) ???
Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #302
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
but, my steering wheel doesnt have any radio controls. can i do the CC still, using the pin 40 method and using the black wire ?? (while ignoring the rest of the cables) ???
No. Even though your car doesn't have the controls, ones for your area are wired for it, which means that the ECM does not support cruise control.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #303
sheraz2000

Quote:
No. Even though your car doesn't have the controls, ones for your area are wired for it, which means that the ECM does not support cruise control.
so, the final and the last test would be to check pin 40 for 12V current. if on ignition it gives out a current, then do i have CC? ??
Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 AM   #304
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
so, the final and the last test would be to check pin 40 for 12V current. if on ignition it gives out a current, then do i have CC? ??
I wouldn't put the effort into checking, as based on how your Yaris is wired, I am 90% certain that your ECM doesn't have cruise control.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #305
henry33

Drives: yaris1.33
so if I understand this correctly I cannot do this cheap cruise control on european yaris ?
I have also the clutch switch installed from the factory since I have the start&stop system which uses that switch

have actually somebody from europe installed this cruise control ? what do you need to know to say that it cannot be done ?
thanks
henry33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #306
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry33 View Post
so if I understand this correctly I cannot do this cheap cruise control on european yaris ?
I have also the clutch switch installed from the factory since I have the start&stop system which uses that switch

have actually somebody from europe installed this cruise control ? what do you need to know to say that it cannot be done ?
thanks
That is correct - It will not work on a European one. The European service manual and EWDs have no documentation on cruise control. Your only option is an aftermarket cruise control system.