Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #1
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
E85/Flex Fuel Write Up

so many people are contacting me regarding E85 so i am doing a write up on E85..no, im not a professional tuner like some people out here doing big things..im just doing a small budget build switching jdm counter parts and doing multiple test as my personal hobby...for professionals, correct me if im wrong 👌

1. yaris in asia is supported with E85 in asia..same 1nz engine and yaris that we use back in U.S..no, its not going to rust your sh*t inside out..this myth is busting peoples balls...
2. you need larger injectors for E85 fuel conversion so i went with 1JZ...some people use 2ZZ or whatever toyota injectors depending on their need...i needed 30% larger than stock 1NZ injector which was the 1JZ injectors..i trimed the side off and put E85 plug
3. E85 plug is thing that goes behind the injector to convert flexfuel...this piece of plastic plugs costed me $20...i trimed the 1JZ injectors and plug this behind the back of injectors..
4. no, you dont need a freaken ecu or tuning when you go 30% larger injectors...unless your doing fuel tuning with aftermarket injectors..we are not talking about aftermarket injectors with chiptuning here...basic jdm counter part conversion
5. no, converting to E85 does not gain HP...you must use ecu tuning system..if your on a budget, you can just do advance timing and control fuel injection with cheaper piggy back ecu
6. no, it does not mess up your engine oil etc..its a clean high octane fuel..also has this funny corn smell...lol..
7. you will lose 20% more fuel around town, its not good for traffic jam etc...you will get good mileage on the highway..🖒

***i see video of E85 converted cars having issue with starting in the morning(frs, brz, civic etc)..i started to have this issue too where i have to crank at least twice in the morning to start an engine..add a gallon of regular gasoline...it solved the problem like a magic(i tested them out after reading off of this dude who had starting issue on his E85 converted brz)👌👌👌

FB_IMG_1478149773915.jpgFB_IMG_1478149734764.jpgFB_IMG_1478149696351.jpgFB_IMG_1478149610271.jpg

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
why? I don't understand why you'd want less MPG without performance gain. i'm confused...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:15 AM   #3
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
why? I don't understand why you'd want less MPG without performance gain. i'm confused...
less mpg without performance gain...how -_-; im running an ecu...

Old 11-04-2016, 12:23 AM   #4
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Not how - he asked why

Sent from my LG G2 with CM13 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:27 AM   #5
rabbito

i am getting less mpg...its about $1.20 cheaper per gallon comparing to gasoline...i usually save about $15-20 per full tank comparing with gasoline..😉
when you tune your car, you will gain hp...haha...😏

Old 11-05-2016, 12:41 AM   #6
SirDigby

wow! I only pay $20 to fill up. e-85 is almost the same price here. (even though it was never suppose to be above .99) the price difference is maybe .10-.25. loosing 30% fuel millage does not make sense unless the gains were substantial, like 30%.
how you wrote up statements #4 and #5 it sounds like you were running with the stock ECU.
have you dyno'd? what type of gains did you get? how much did your conversion cost?
Old 11-05-2016, 12:51 AM   #7
rabbito

Quote:
wow! I only pay $20 to fill up. e-85 is almost the same price here. (even though it was never suppose to be above .99) the price difference is maybe .10-.25. loosing 30% fuel millage does not make sense unless the gains were substantial, like 30%.
how you wrote up statements #4 and #5 it sounds like you were running with the stock ECU.
have you dyno'd? what type of gains did you get? how much did your conversion cost?
avg. $3.45 per gallon in denver, colorado today and $1.79 for E85..$20 per fill in your yaris?..ROFL 😂😂😂😂
there must be another city called denver colorado outside u.s 😅😅😅😅
i would love to live in your city where gasoline and E85 have the same price 👌👌👌👌

Old 11-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #8
SirDigby

I don't know where you get your info from. the most expensive fuel in CO is in Aspen or Telluride. right now, today, the most expensive price I can find is $2.69 (85 octane E-10) for a US gallon in US currency. the station near my house is $1.98 (85 octane E-10) US currency. the E85 is $1.79 US currency. ethanol-free 91 octane $2.99 US currency.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #9
Frank the Tank

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
enough about gas prices.

what performance gains did you get from this mod.
Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #10
rabbito

Quote:
I don't know where you get your info from. the most expensive fuel in CO is in Aspen or Telluride. right now, today, the most expensive price I can find is $2.69 (85 octane E-10) for a US gallon in US currency. the station near my house is $1.98 (85 octane E-10) US currency. the E85 is $1.79 US currency. ethanol-free 91 octane $2.99 US currency.
lol...dude...im from the states...im in thailand due to work...stop messing 😂😂😂😂

Old 11-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
rabbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
enough about gas prices.

what performance gains did you get from this mod.
im currently on advance timing ecu..only about 10hp gain with current E85 set up..my ecu is the cheapest with basic software outline for advance timing..i did a write up in the past..can check them out

planing to add fuel injection ecu soon..yes, i can use 2 seperate ecu...no, i did not purchase the complete piggy back due to financial issue 😅😅😅

Old 11-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #12
alias06

Drives: 2008 Red Toyota Yaris
Quote:
This is one of those "mods" you do because:

a. You plan to make big power and need the better cooling/higher octane rating that E85 provides over the typical pump gas.

b. You want to do it for bragging rights, and nothing else. Who cares if you get less mpg, its E85 converted JDM status Yo!!!
alias06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:28 PM   #13
SirDigby

isE85 big in Japan? do they make it from rice?
Old 12-17-2016, 01:43 AM   #14
rabbito

Quote:
isE85 big in Japan? do they make it from rice?
can be made from corn fuel🌽🌽🌽 but i heard you can also make from old fermeanted rice...anyways it smells like a fresh corn in the morning...my neighbors say the samething..

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #15
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
The main benefit to E85 is its ability to burn in a more controlled manner when challenged by high compression or boost pressure. An engine with a compression ratio of 10.5:1 will gain very little from E85, whereas an engine with 12:1 compression or boost strives with it.
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote