Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-08-2016, 05:50 AM   #1
V1NNY
I've made a post!

Drives: 55 plate gen 2 yaris
MK 2 1.0 Performance Posibilities

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to this although this forum has helped me out many times before over the years but I've never posted.

I have a MK2 55 Yaris 1.0L, which recently was in a crash and I thought she was getting written off, I've found out she will live again and as I'm very attached have decided to try and get the most out of her as I can (overtaking anybody would be nice ) I've done some minor cosmetic interior stuff before.

I was just wondering what my options are here, I know a lot of you would say there's absolutely no point for a 1.0, but as I'm super attached and I can get many more happy go kart miles out of her (30K on the odometer) I just want to make her the best 1.0 she can be! (I'm sure you guys understand)

I was thinking, a cat back system and K&N induction kit to squeeze a little extra out of the engine! I was looking into the possibility of remapping and was wondering if anyone has done that (not the 10p resistor chips!)

Any other tips and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Please be nice as I'm a complete newbie!

Thanks,

Joe
V1NNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Turbocharge it.

Only way you'll be able to make "passing power" with that 1.0
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #3
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Or completely gut out the interiour, intill there's only you and the dash left.

In fact, why not remove the dash, radio and speakers too? Should be good for an extra 5 kw.

Tags
1.0, mk2, performance, remapping