Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2023, 07:41 PM   #1
haydenjowell

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
2007 Yaris Sedan: No start or click, green temp light flashing

Need some help! I can't figure out what is going here. I have a 2007 Sedan that was operating just fine. Went to a doctor's appt, came out to leave and didn't start. No cranking, no clicking... nothing.

Also, when I attempt to start it. The green temperature/coolant light starts flashing. I don't think I've ever seen it do that before (even when the car didn't start). The light will remain flashing even after I move the key to the off position and remove it. Only was I can get it to stop flashing is to shift into a R/N/orD and then back to park.

Which I should mention.. the steering wheel isn't locking when the key is out and I can work the shifter (Automatic).

All electronics in the car work perfectly fine. Battery is fully charged. Starter was replaced about 3 months ago... Thermostat was replaced near the same time. Car had been overheating, but the problem was fixed.

Thinking the green temperature light flashing might mean low coolant level [preventing the car from starting], I checked the coolant. It is full.

Checked all the fuses under the hood, nothing is blown.

There's 12.5 volts at the starter. I removed the starter relay and tried to bridge it with a wire to "jump" the starter... no luck.

I had an aftermarket (Avital 5305L) alarm/remote start in the car, but have since removed it thinking it may be some starter kill feature gone haywire.

Any thoughts?? I can't help but think it has to do something with that green temp light flashing.. but after searching, I can't figure out what that means.
haydenjowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:23 PM   #2
haydenjowell

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
FYI, it all turned out to be a grounding issue.
haydenjowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead car, not starting, start