Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I'm back with more n00bish questions

I've been Googling about for an hour or so, and there's just too much information out there to sort through. I'm rather confused about the headlights. Some of you guys may remember me asking a similar question a few months ago, but after the rains we've had this winter I just can't live with the rather wimpy lights my Yaris sedan has.

If I buy this does it convert the stock headlights or do I have to buy a different housing?

Is the above a good option for increasing my brightness (I need a significant increase, 2-3x stock brightness would be good) or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks...sorry to make you guys put up with my n00b questions again.
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Those Projectors have to be retro fitted into the existing headlamp housing.... kinda hard.... unless your good with stuff like that....... personally Im not, I'd be too afraid to mess it up :)

Your best bet to increase the brightness would be to get yourself a set of HIDs..... they help a lot, especially 6000k which is what I have....

otherwise you could get some custom japanese sedan lights....
here:
http://depoautolights.com/headlights...1d58aec68ce49d

very expensive though! :(

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Dont listing to YAR1S its not hard lol Seriously it aint I got them installed in my headlights bro
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #4
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Ill help you do it if u want but u got to drive to Louisville KY lol
Old 12-25-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post
Those Projectors have to be retro fitted into the existing headlamp housing.... kinda hard.... unless your good with stuff like that....... personally Im not, I'd be too afraid to mess it up :)

Your best bet to increase the brightness would be to get yourself a set of HIDs..... they help a lot, especially 6000k which is what I have....

otherwise you could get some custom japanese sedan lights....
here:

very expensive though! :(
Those headlight will fit on 2008 yaris sedan? Specialy the black projector. Cause I been looking for a custom headlight like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20080810059.jpg (42.4 KB, 123 views)

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
YAR1S

well i mean.... the sedan is the vios right? I guess they would fit unless the japanese sedan differs from the usa one???

and yes, let it be known I am a girl.... I dont have the skills to accomplish a task such as that, but a guy might :D

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

In Japan it's called the Belta. It's the Vios in the Phillippines. I think in a few other places in that region as well.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horse View Post
Those headlight will fit on 2008 yaris sedan? Specialy the black projector. Cause I been looking for a custom headlight like this.
Bro that headlight will NOT fit the 09 08 07 or 10 Models its an headlight from the 06 or 05
Old 12-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
YAR1S

some of these are for the sedan??? my bad about the other link... im a HB owner... I dont know :p

Quote:
Old 12-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post

some of these are for the sedan??? my bad about the other link... im a HB owner... I dont know :p
No you had the right link earlier to the Sedan headlights but the guy had picked out of that selection a pair that was for an earlier year of Sedans. He needs to go back to your earlier link and pick one of the 06-08 sets.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:02 AM   #11
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty adept with tools and I'm a hardcore computer and Xbox modifier, so I'm not afraid of wiring, soldering, dremeling, etc. I just wanted to make sure that if I buy this it's not going to be one of those "oh yeah you bought that but you also need this thing which is another $50 and this thing which is another $100...." I think I'll pick up a set this week.

JumpmanYaris, how long did it take you to install? Are these the correct directions (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...=install+hid)?

Thanks again!

I should also be able to finally afford to get those rims I've been wanting too :D After dumping all my money in another Glock and a custom M4 I think I'm going to put my weapon budget on hiatus for a while :P
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:57 AM   #12
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate View Post
No you had the right link earlier to the Sedan headlights but the guy had picked out of that selection a pair that was for an earlier year of Sedans. He needs to go back to your earlier link and pick one of the 06-08 sets.
I purposely pick the Toyota Vios 06 CCFL Black Projector Headlights cause on the picture its almost the same shape as the Toyota Vios 06-08 clear headlights DEPO,I already emailed them and waiting for thier reply.

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote