Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
msh_hi

Drives: toyota yaris
Unhappy pls help , my Yaris has problem !

hi everyone here

i have Yaris 2013 automatic

my problem is the RPM when it cold it is up to 1500 and it is go down until 750 almost , when i drive it the rpm start goes down like if i stopped at the traffic light it goes to 500 RPM and down down until the engine stopped !!!

sometimes the RPM goes down 500 and for seconds feel it will stopped but it goes up dirctly to 1100 RPM and go down again !!

i can see that the fuel usage is more than normal also

i text the computer . there is a sensor called speed sensor it it some time show up in the test and sometime nope .

i will be crazy pls help
msh_hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Have you done any maintenance to the car lately?

The Yaris does rev up to 2000rpm idle when it's cold outside, and will drop to about 600rpm once fully warmed up.

Are you saying you have a check engine light? Might want to have I checked if you do.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
msh_hi

Drives: toyota yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Have you done any maintenance to the car lately?

The Yaris does rev up to 2000rpm idle when it's cold outside, and will drop to about 600rpm once fully warmed up.

Are you saying you have a check engine light? Might want to have I checked if you do.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

thanks bro, nope actually . yes i have engine light and i have obd|| reader and i see one problem

it is speed sensor and sometimes show up and some time no ! idon't know the dashboread tell me the speed correctly nothing wrong !

i'm sad because this is my first car and bought it used , it was like new the rpm .

i got throult body and replace it , nothing change , i changed also MAF air no vhange , shell i change O2 sensor ? and how much O2 sensor in Yaris ?

i changed PLC valve , air filter , NGK Spark , i done also injection fuel cleaner .

actually i will see the Alternator ? Car rollers maybe the engine is work hard to done the movement .

"sorry for my english" :(
msh_hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:27 PM   #4
hotracer_05
Hmm, I see...

Drives: 2012 Toyota Tundra and Yaris
speed sensor could be talking about the sensor at each wheel that the traction control uses to sense when one tire is spinning faster than the others. Does your traction control light stay on?
Old 10-29-2017, 06:51 AM   #5
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
If you post the actual OBD2 code, someone might be able to help. P0xxx?

I think there are a few speed sensors, wheel hubs, transmission output sensor.

Also, I thought I read a post about a brake booster causing the engine to idle very slow at a stop.

I had a similar problem with my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. Engine would buck, then stall at a stop light. It turned out to be a plugged charcoal canister. Too much vacuum in the fuel system was starving the engine of fuel. I unplugged the purge solenoid intake valve hose, put a fuel filter on it and the problem went away.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote