Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #37
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
I guess I should have read the other thread first :) You said it will over rev if you hit the clutch while jumping the switch in cruise control. Why would you need to use the clutch while in cruise anyway. If some $hit goes down you just have to hit the break to turn off the cruise then cluth after it turns off right? It's not gunna mess anything up mechanically just by jumping the clutch switch is what I'm getting at I guess.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #38
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Thats what an auto forum is all about,thanks CTScott
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #39
RagnaCaT
HacKers WanTed!

Drives: Yaris S HB & Yaris S SD
learning
Old 05-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #40
momerath
I've made a post!

Drives: '09 Yaris 2 door liftback
Hello. I'm eager to try this out next week. I just have a couple of questions.

Question #1:

You stated in step 6: "Connect wires from switch assembly to wires on connector D3. Red wire from switches connects to blue wire of D3 Pin 1. Black wire from switches connects to brown wire of D3 Pin 3."

It's unclear whether or not I connect the switch assembly wires to the blue/brown wires themselves or to the connectors. The picture isn't clear because I'm not seeing the added black and red switch assembly wires. Is the picture under step 6 a before or after? It is exactly the same as the picture under step 3.

Question #2:

How do you remove the "push button start" cover? I tried playing with it to see if I could snap it off but I had no luck. It seems pretty firmly in place. I didn't want to force it too much for fear of breaking it off.

Question #3:

How easy is it to run the wire from that cover to the steering wheel assembly? Is there a direct path from the cover into the assembly?

thanks!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #41
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

TDB-1, to jump the switch connector, you simply put a wire from one terminal to the other (the switch plug only has 2 terminals right)? You didn't put a fuse or anything in there just in case?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #42
TDB-1

Drives: 09 3-door 5speed
Correct, I actually used a small spade terminal and just pushed it into the connector. Just don't step on the clutch when using cruise!!!! I have not hit the clutch but think if you did it would rev the motor till the computer or rev limiter figures out what is happening.
TDB-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #43
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Gotcha. Thanks again man! And of course thanks to all the smart people who know how to do this stuff and make it easier for us dumb people to DIY :) I'm going outside right now to set this push-button system up. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #44
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Answers in red below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momerath View Post
Hello. I'm eager to try this out next week. I just have a couple of questions.

Question #1:

You stated in step 6: "Connect wires from switch assembly to wires on connector D3. Red wire from switches connects to blue wire of D3 Pin 1. Black wire from switches connects to brown wire of D3 Pin 3."

It's unclear whether or not I connect the switch assembly wires to the blue/brown wires themselves or to the connectors. The picture isn't clear because I'm not seeing the added black and red switch assembly wires. Is the picture under step 6 a before or after? It is exactly the same as the picture under step 3.

Picture 3 and 6 are actually the same "after picture". The red tap-splices are how I connected my red and black wires to the brown and blue wires.

Question #2:

How do you remove the "push button start" cover? I tried playing with it to see if I could snap it off but I had no luck. It seems pretty firmly in place. I didn't want to force it too much for fear of breaking it off.

You have to pull the black vertical trim along side of the AC controls / radio (just get your fingers under the edge and pull it out). Once that is removed the cover pulls right off.

Question #3:

How easy is it to run the wire from that cover to the steering wheel assembly? Is there a direct path from the cover into the assembly?

Very easy - When you come through the back of that hole you loop to the left and right up along the wiring harness for the steering column.

thanks!
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #45
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Wow... this is really really cool. I'm pretty sure I don't have the LEDs on the dash, but I don't mind adding some in the same panel as the buttons.

Excellent job, Scott and Pavel!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #46
d1nzfe

Drives: 1NZ-FE
anyone tried on the sedan yet?
d1nzfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #47
mariann

Drives: yaris 2007
any one knows if the 2007 model come ready to install cruise controll? (its the same model as 2009)
mariann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #48
mariann

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
did you read the Can we do this thread
ofcorse. but i go tired on page 4. and skipped to the last pages.
havent found any info about it.
by the way. just now i looked in the 2007 manual - cruise controll. and its exactly as described. also has the plugs as shown. the same wires. and need the same resistors.
i think it will work the same as my dealer said: "its exactly the same vehicle. 2007 2008 2009 no changes what so ever" he was right.

the post is for AT and MT... but here we have only Robotic Transmission... so i think i'll consider robotic transmission as an automatic transmission... hope it will work.

any advice guys?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #49
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariann View Post
ofcorse. but i go tired on page 4. and skipped to the last pages.
havent found any info about it.
by the way. just now i looked in the 2007 manual - cruise controll. and its exactly as described. also has the plugs as shown. the same wires. and need the same resistors.
i think it will work the same as my dealer said: "its exactly the same vehicle. 2007 2008 2009 no changes what so ever" he was right.

the post is for AT and MT... but here we have only Robotic Transmission... so i think i'll consider robotic transmission as an automatic transmission... hope it will work.

any advice guys?
Does your 07 have the brown and blue wires in the D3 connector?

Also, does it have the cruise indicator on the combination meter?

If it doesn't have the D3 wires, then it will require the work that nickhjort did on page 16 of the other thread. Once all of the trial and error is sorted out in the other thread we'll put together a DIY for Yaris which need the additional work.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 AM   #50
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
very cool, but is there a tutorial for thos of us who want to you the OEM stock to keep it stock looking? Sounds a much better way to go that the $220 aftermarket option.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #51
suiller

Drives: Yaris Sol 1.3 dual VVTi 101hp
above all can we do on 2009 model??

1. full ZX1 additive treatment: oil + cooler + fuel
2. NB treatment: motor oil
3. K&N panel air filter (part num. 33-2211)
4. Fuchs Silkolene Pro SRG 75 gear oil (the best!)
5. UltraRacing 19mm rear sway bar
suiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #52
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
very cool, but is there a tutorial for thos of us who want to you the OEM stock to keep it stock looking? Sounds a much better way to go that the $220 aftermarket option.
A couple of people have purchased OEM stalks and will be installing them. Hopefully one will document the process for those interested.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #53
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiller View Post
above all can we do on 2009 model??
I don't have the electrical wiring diagrams for the European Yaris to verify that all is the same as for our USDM ones.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #54
mariann

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Does your 07 have the brown and blue wires in the D3 connector?

Also, does it have the cruise indicator on the combination meter?

If it doesn't have the D3 wires, then it will require the work that nickhjort did on page 16 of the other thread. Once all of the trial and error is sorted out in the other thread we'll put together a DIY for Yaris which need the additional work.
well. this is ehat i have.
thats my D3 connector. i'm sure its the right one because is tried to honk after disconnecting it.
i do have a brown and blue wire but seems they are not in the mentiond above terminals. or is it?
click on the images to see in supersize

and there are somepictures of the display. i couldent find the cruise controll light or set light. maybe you'll find.

i did manage to pull out the A21 connector to see if there is the specific wire inside but got stuck with the L shape plastic wich cover the wires? there is a way to pull it out without breking it?

help please