Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-01-2006, 03:17 AM   #1
bulldogs2k

Drives: '00 s2000, 2007 yaris hatch
Compliments/funny things people have said about the yaris

I got back from walmart to see 4 guys, each dressed like thugs, looking at my car. They laffed because it couldn't take up a whole parking spot. They even said "it wasn't a real car." We walked up to the yaris and my gf asked them if they where making fun of our ride. They stopped and then commented on it as a, "nice girl car." Of course I was driving . Also, I get alot of people calling the yaris a bubble on wheels. . Does anyone else have any funny stories.
bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:08 AM   #2
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
yes great story

same thing almost. at walmart about to leave, guys laughing, then i start it up and my exhaust sounds unbelieve able (new muff) pull out

the guys are right behind the car and i rev the engin there still saying gay car then i just burnout right there probaly for like a good lond 10 second burn beautiful smoke and everything
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:10 AM   #3
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
you need some mods
bad
easy car to mod
i did get my girlfriend with my car there were to guys me and some other fag i had the cool car. I no i got a girlfriend from my car not my studly bod or any thing
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSIbucky
i did get my girlfriend with my car there were to guys me and some other fag i had the cool car. I no i got a girlfriend from my car not my studly bod or any thing
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at this.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Okay, first things first. Consider the source... WALMART!!!! In no way is this a "chick" car. I'm 6'3 220. I know the difference between a chick car, and a man's car. The Yaris is all man, baby!

They were obviously hating. That, and they were at a Walmart parking lot.
I've gotten nothing but props on my Yaris. I've got friends that drive Mercedes, Lexus, brand new Altimas, and Maximas. Those are real opinions.

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #6
oktaren

Drives: 07yarisliftback04aveohatchback
no one has laughed at my car yet, actually everyone is just very inquisitive about it, asking questions.
oktaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I have no real bad remarks about my S Sedan....I have had a few peeps call it "cute" or remark that the Jade Sea looks kind of "import tunish" which is fine by me. I have had a few peeps say that with the color I have that I should have a graphics kit put on it to make it look more fun....what ever that means about looking more "fun". So far everyone that I have had ride with me or drive it loves it...and they are say that the center console for instruments is a little weird, but they like it.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #8
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
and burn away from the light at break-neck speed (if that's even possible in a J-Body)...[/IMG]

Cheers

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
riceboy

Drives: icebox
So far it's been all good,.. I get asked what kind of car it is a lot... and just yesterday I received a couple of compliments about how nice they thought it was.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
I got flamed pretty hard on my local forums when I posted that I got a Yaris. Most of them because I traded in my 200HP Miata for it. So yeah, people were upset. Still, on the street I always catch somebody looking at the car since there are virtually no liftbacks in my area. The sedans are out in force but I've only seen one other liftback.

The funny thing is, everybody on my local forums (www.importatlanta.com) flame the hell out of me and the Yaris, but at the car meets, there's always a crowd around it. Makes me wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
I get asked what kind of car it is a lot...
lol, same here. Especially after I debadged the back. I only have the "TRD Sportivo" badge that came with spings on the back.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #11
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv
I have no real bad remarks about my S Sedan....I have had a few peeps call it "cute" or remark that the Jade Sea looks kind of "import tunish" which is fine by me. I have had a few peeps say that with the color I have that I should have a graphics kit put on it to make it look more fun....what ever that means about looking more "fun". So far everyone that I have had ride with me or drive it loves it...and they are say that the center console for instruments is a little weird, but they like it.

fnkngrv-Don't but graphics on it! I like your car's color a lot, it unique and so perdy! Of course I'm sure you wouldn't put a graphics kit on it right?? Nice car though!

And Ran Kizama don't worry about those people flamming you, they're making up for something they don't have! Ha! Also deep down they love your car so they put up a shield to pretend not to like it-jeoulousy?.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #12
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Yeah on the graphics note I had been looking for something subtle, but could not find anything to my liking....plus if i was ever to soup it up i would leave the look stock...i have always liked sleepers.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
bulldogs2k

I catch alot of stares at the lights, its really cool actually. I never got this much attention with my old civic or anyother econobox. My work out partner suggested that I save more gas by, " lifting the rear and carting it around." At that point water almost came out of my nose from LOL!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #14
bulldogs2k

[QUOTE=Buckethead]Okay, first things first. Consider the source... WALMART!!!! In no way is this a "chick" car. I'm 6'3 220. I know the difference between a chick car, and a man's car. The Yaris is all man, baby!

I agree with you on that one! I'm also 210 at 5'4 and drying out for competition.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #15
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
After three months I am still getting ?s about it at work. Most remarks are positive, wherever we go.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSIbucky
yes great story

same thing almost. at walmart about to leave, guys laughing, then i start it up and my exhaust sounds unbelieve able (new muff) pull out

the guys are right behind the car and i rev the engin there still saying gay car then i just burnout right there probaly for like a good lond 10 second burn beautiful smoke and everything
Did you reeelly do that? If so why?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #17
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
I get all kinds of commets moslty jokes.. like...

Why didnt they give you a front to your car?
Why didnt they give you a back to your car?
Does that thing come with ejection seats?
How many clowns can you fit in that thing?
Wheres the crank?
Do you have to pull it backwards to wind it up?
Everyone thinks is a Hybrid...dont know why..

People wave at me all the time when I am driving.. and I get smiles from tons of bums (or home impaired people to be pc)..
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #18
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDawn
I get all kinds of commets moslty jokes.. like...

Why didnt they give you a front to your car?
Why didnt they give you a back to your car?
Does that thing come with ejection seats?
How many clowns can you fit in that thing?
Wheres the crank?
Do you have to pull it backwards to wind it up?
Everyone thinks is a Hybrid...dont know why..

People wave at me all the time when I am driving.. and I get smiles from tons of bums (or home impaired people to be pc)..

Would it be that wrong to carry a paint ball gun around with frozen rounds?