Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
rosesandwhiskers
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
Weird Fan/Heater/Air Con Engine Noises?

Hi Guys,

I’m new, and as you’ll tell very inexperienced, so be kind!

I’ve a 58 plate VVT Yaris with 30000 miles on the clock, 10,000 of which have been clocked since last September when I brought it. It had been serviced at the main dealer every Jan without fail- having got in it September, and my dad’s periodically topping things up for me, I’d forgot to get it serviced in Jan- it’s booked in tomorrow (not sure if servicing might be the issue, thus the explanation).

Anyway, there’s two ‘issues’ so to speak. The first is a whirling and then clunk sound heard when inside the car. It’s only really noticeable when idle. When I’ve turned the heater/fans off, it’s clunked and stopped.
I’ve videoed the noise under the bonnet with the air con on here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVNfO6Cdo4Y.

The noise from here is a lot louder than when the fan is off. Any idea what it is/wheres it’s coming from? I’d like to be armed with knowledge when it’s serviced if they mention it. Excuse my ignorance, but is this noise much louder than it should be? Is it normal and I’m being a worry pot?

The second issue, which I presume is unrelated is that the washer fluid emptying every two months. I do use the washer, but no more excessively that my old c3, which I’d never topped up once in the 6 months of ownership. No water leaks into the car anywhere, and no visible leaks when I fill it up either. Is a leaky bottle/washer motor common and or costly?

Thanks,
Jay x
rosesandwhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:17 AM   #2
tommyssa10

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
This honestly sounds like a normal sounding engine. These are economy cars you can hear everything outside on the inside such as engine noise, when the AC is on it'll make more noise, but sounds normal to me.
tommyssa10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air con, engine noises., fan noise, heater