Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #1
Thaiyaris

Drives: Yaris 1.5
Forgot to depressure fuel system

Hi , been a reader here for the past few months . Firstly would like to say thanks for all your great ideas and advice. You've been so helpful that I've never actually had to ask a question lol.

But today problem has struck .
Blew my engine yesterday afternoon .
Got a replacement and have pretty much stripped everything out and am ready to drop the engine out.
Oops realized that I forgot to depressurize the fuel system before I stripped avert thing out and now only have the fuel line to disconnect . Sighhh

Does anyone know of another way to let the pressure out of the system without having to reconnect everything to start the car with the efi fuse pulled ?

Thanks in advance for all your answers ...
Thaiyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I hate to say it, but you can just disconnect it and let it spray into a container. I've accidentally done that once or twice.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
Thaiyaris

So there's not so much pressure that it's gonna explode all over me and the garden then ? Was reading some proper serious stuff when looking on Google.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
Correct, I just disconnected mine without issue. Just make sure there are not any open flames, sparks, etc.
Project so far: 2zrfe swap, Megan racing coilovers, TRD rear sway bar, whiteline bushings, RPM long tube header, midpipe, and DC sports xD exhaust, brake upgrade in front, MI stainless braided lines all around, matte paintjob, Takada cold air intake, various gauges, rear seat and belts removed.
Future: Turbo.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #5
Thaiyaris

Thanks for the info. I just disconnected it there wasn't even a spray of any kind .

Lot of worry over nothing :-)
Alls well that ends well.