Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
plushDJ

Drives: 2007 3 dr manual
Mine is too big

SO.........what kind of door speakers has everyone used?? Tried to install my kicker 6's but apparently they're too big (depth wise).
plushDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
plushDJ

HEHE, two fifteens in a Yaris
Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
they do make smaller depth speakers... but i read somewhere on the forum about someone having to add like 1" wood spacers for his speakers to work, but i don't have my car in yet so i couldn't say how much space there is in the door panels once you do that... let us know how it goes

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #4
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
and you might want to fix showing your plate in the picture!

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight_heads
and you might want to fix showing your plate in the picture!
I never understood that, thousands of people see your plates on the road and in parking lots...What diffrence does it make in a picture?
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
plushDJ

Fixed!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:32 PM   #7
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Good point. I don't care if the license plate is shown. btw, those are some huge speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankota
I never understood that, thousands of people see your plates on the road and in parking lots...What diffrence does it make in a picture?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #8
plushDJ

Yeah, you should see my wipers dance lol
Old 06-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroberts
Good point. I don't care if the license plate is shown. btw, those are some huge speakers.
Well now people know the person with those plates has 2 15's in the hatch and who knows what amps to power them, not to mention other stereo equipment.

Sounds like a target for a theif to me.

Man, they must sound crazy loud though.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #10
plushDJ

It's all fixed now, I got the spraypaint on lol I think I only had it up there for about three minutes before I kinda thought about it. Silly pic newb!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

So really, have you broken anything yet with those speakers?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #12
DJ_Trizzak

Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue
those are huge lols - must be pounding in there - i bet your car look'd lowered with those subs in there
DJ_Trizzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #13
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Well now people know the person with those plates has 2 15's in the hatch and who knows what amps to power them, not to mention other stereo equipment.
Hmm.. must be diffrent then in other states then. In California there is no way you can get any information off somebody lic plate unless you are in law inforcement or have some offical court order, or otherwise prove you have an offical need for the information (insurance company, etc). But the average joe has no way of getting anything from a plate out here.. Too many stalker cases. I'd hope other states did this..

Probably can get more info off their profile or e-mail address..
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #14
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankota
Hmm.. must be diffrent then in other states then. In California there is no way you can get any information off somebody lic plate unless you are in law inforcement or have some offical court order, or otherwise prove you have an offical need for the information (insurance company, etc). But the average joe has no way of getting anything from a plate out here.. Too many stalker cases. I'd hope other states did this..

Probably can get more info off their profile or e-mail address..
it's kinda like this, we know he lives in red deer ab, we know its a blue yaris hatch, with red deer plates, we stalk the forums for more info on this person, we see his car...you get the idea...

also for peeps who speed, law inforcement can be informed of there post's or videos, and be caught too..
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #15
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

It is actually very easy to get personal info on people. A lot easier than most people realize.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #16
plushDJ

That's creepy. I hope I don't have a stalker And to answer q's....No, nothing has been broken yet, I've only had them in there for a day and no, the suspension actually takes the weight quite well. I think it's a little over 100 pounds (subs and box) and handling seems about the same too. My deck has a volt meter and the lowest I've seen it is 13.1 at a red light so that's my only concern.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #17
plushDJ

Well, decided to downgrade a bit, now I'm just running one 15 instead of the two. As you can tell from the pic I had to have the backseat down and I kinda like having it usable. Atleast now I can bridge my amp and send the sub 1000wrms instead of the 250wrms it was getting before. And here's a little tip for the lb owners; if you have subs don't face them up in the hatch. I was doing some testing with my box and I got way better response sub facing towards the back
Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #18
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
Please post your key number, I need a nice set of woofers. lol Amazingly if you call the dealer where you purchased the car 4 out of 5 dentists will make you a key if you provide the vin number, it helps if your female and flirt and cry to the nice parts man about how you lost your only key... I take all information of the dealers name off the day I get a car so it doesn't bake into the paint.
Now my dealer doesn't even put his silly stickers on any more cause I remove them when I take possession or have them remove them..
On the otherhand why not just follow that bouncing hatch if I want thumpers like that, sounds like they carry shotguns in red deer
F
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote