Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #19
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
check HIDPlanet, Chris, there are ways to mod ballasts for more power and such, you'll burn the ballast out quicker, but it can be done.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:38 AM   #20
paultyler_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam07yaris
Actually the Yaris headlight has an H.I.D. Ballast location as well as a classification which is a D4R H.I.D. bulb. YOu know how some headlights say H4, 9006 in the back? Well, I have to do some thorough research on why they have a Denso ballast location with screw holes as well as the D4R tag written on it. I think we will have a Prius setup.

As for the cops, they know if you have an H.I.D. kit thats illegal. BLUE LIGHTS, extremely bright and blinding everybody.
HID KITS are ILLEGAL if not installed correctly and its blinding everybody.

Since I did my retrofit the RIGHT WAY I've been driving mine for abot 2 months now on my Yaris and nobody has ever pulled me over. ;) perfect alignment. Anywho, I am gonna do another retro in the future but using TL projectors this time. Wait N SEE!
Whoa... I must have missed this... you put the Prius HID setup into your Yaris? And did the D4Rs just fit without modification?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #21
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler_82
check HIDPlanet, Chris, there are ways to mod ballasts for more power and such, you'll burn the ballast out quicker, but it can be done.
With so many good quality kits out there, outweighting the bad junk, you shouldnt have to deal with a shorter life spand modded ballast.. just looking out for ya is all.

I have seen the washer mods for projectors, but I have yet to see anything on modding ballasts. I think id just leave well enough alone in that area.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:08 AM   #22
paultyler_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
With so many good quality kits out there, outweighting the bad junk, you shouldnt have to deal with a shorter life spand modded ballast.. just looking out for ya is all.

I have seen the washer mods for projectors, but I have yet to see anything on modding ballasts. I think id just leave well enough alone in that area.
There are actually people who are modding Denso and other OEM ballasts as well, not sure what the benefits are, but then, some people don't know how to leave well enough alone.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #23
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Drives: flint mica yaris s sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
A system that is setup correctly, and not some ricey looking color like bright teal blue or pink (higher K rated HIDs), you will not draw unwanted attention and have problems.

Look around you, do you think all these cars you see, actually came with HID's? Cops dont carry a booklet saying which cars come with and without HIDs, in order to write tickets.

If they are positioned correctly, they will not draw attention as they will not be blinding or be a hazard to other drivers. Lucky for us, the Yaris puts out a very good cut-off pattern for not having projectors with the HIDs.

Yes I adjusted mine correctly, and Ill be damned if more cars that come STOCK with oem HIDs, blind the fu*k out of ME on the highway!
are those 8000k? they look very good
manborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #24
manborn
are u still 34/39?

i just thought someone can shed some light on the subject or maybe Chris himself. i apologize
Old 03-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #25
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
A system that is setup correctly, and not some ricey looking color like bright teal blue or pink (higher K rated HIDs), you will not draw unwanted attention and have problems.

Look around you, do you think all these cars you see, actually came with HID's? Cops dont carry a booklet saying which cars come with and without HIDs, in order to write tickets.

If they are positioned correctly, they will not draw attention as they will not be blinding or be a hazard to other drivers. Lucky for us, the Yaris puts out a very good cut-off pattern for not having projectors with the HIDs.

Yes I adjusted mine correctly, and Ill be damned if more cars that come STOCK with oem HIDs, blind the fu*k out of ME on the highway!
HMMM, my friend with an rsx recently went to get his car inspected and he's from jersey and they failed him CAUSE of his hid setup. so cops may not mess with you but good luck when it comes time for that yearly chore.....
Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #26
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
HMMM, my friend with an rsx recently went to get his car inspected and he's from jersey and they failed him CAUSE of his hid setup. so cops may not mess with you but good luck when it comes time for that yearly chore.....
if i get them, i was just gonna keep my stock bulbs/spare boots handy. then swap when time for inspection

im wondering if Chris has projectors with his cause the beam on his headlights are pretty precise, you can actually tell the line where the light separates from what is beamed and what is not. look at the pic i quoted previously.

Last edited by manborn; 03-19-2009 at 02:33 PM.