Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2018, 01:16 AM   #1
Freedomage

Drives: YARIS 2010 1NR-FE MMT
Clatter noise from steering wheel shaft any ideas?

I have been annoyed by this plaguesome noise coming from steering wheel shaft. Yesterday I disassembled the plastic parts neath the steering wheel and tried to determine the source of the noise but eventually I gave up. Now I am thinking I ve seen a bunch of nuts and screws there(telescopic shaft nuts, tightening lever nut and U joint nuts), maybe couple of them gradually loosen by vibration(my two cents) well actually I am not sure of that . Anyway If any of you faced this problem before I wanna know that. Thanks in advance.

Tags
clatter, steering wheel, steering wheel noise