Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Deshi Basara

Drives: 09 Yaris Hatchback
Talking Coilover question...

I am looking into putting coilovers on my hatchback. I was leaning towards changing the springs and shock/struts together, but they are about $100 less than coilovers. I don't know if that will make a difference, but my friend told that coilovers will greatly improve my handling. Can anyone give me any advice please. Thanks!

P.S. Garm I need your opinion as well and those who have coilovers on their cars. Thanks.
Deshi Basara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Deshi Basara

Anyone??? I'm deciding whether to buy tokico blues with tanabe springs or a coilover. I am comfort and stability. Please help!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
B2FiNiTY

Drives: Prius C
I would go with either a good shock/spring combo or a higher end coilover combo.

Good coilovers will cost you a few hundred more than that shock/spring combo.

Skip the lower end cheap coilovers unless you can handle a stiff ride.

At least 650+ for some tanabe, tein, etc

With coilovers, you will be able to adjust the height to how you like it.
B2FiNiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshi Basara View Post
Anyone??? I'm deciding whether to buy tokico blues with tanabe springs or a coilover. I am comfort and stability. Please help!
I have tokico blues and Tien S-tech springs. The ride on some roads is rough with just me. When I add passengers and/or my autocross trailer, it's much smoother. If you want to have stiff suspension for autocross or track events, but want a smooth ride the rest of the time, you need something adjustable.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Deshi Basara

I am not doing any autocrossing or track events. I am just trying to make my yaris stable, safe, nice looking, and a stiffer ride. I am leaning towards coilovers but I don't know which one.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Deshi Basara

I was wondering if putting Df210 and tokico blues will perform better than the stock. Also, will it be comfortable?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
i put df210 tanabes on my civic and they're really far from the ride of (tein) coilovers. i would assume the same for the yaris sedan as the it pretty much weighs the same but a different suspension setup. but a hatch? hmmm, maybe it will be too harsh? but then again a coilover will be much worse then.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Deshi Basara

I just wanted inputs from those who has experience with lowering springs + tokico blues or other non OEM struts/shocks. I am not a racer or anything like that but I just want my ride to become stiffer and still have the ride comfort with better stability. I guess I am asking too much...lol