Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
ebowers83

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4D Sedan
Exclamation What type of head unit with AUX port?

As you know, the 4DR sedan yaris has an auxiliary port in which you can hook up your Ipod to. So does anyone know what type of head unit to buy so you can use the aux port with it?
ebowers83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Drives: White Yaris Liftback 2 Dr. AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebowers83
As you know, the 4DR sedan yaris has an auxiliary port in which you can hook up your Ipod to. So does anyone know what type of head unit to buy so you can use the aux port with it?
Some head units come with the audio jack built in the face of the stereo.

Many come with auxiliary audio in RCA connectors... The problem is that you will have to do some playing with the wires from the stock auxiliary jack since it has it's own connector designed for the stock head unit. IMO the best thing to do is to use a "RCA to mini plug" cable instead of the jack that comes with the stock unit, it will connect directly to your ipod and eliminates the need for that extra wire... Even better, get a head unit with an ipod interface adapter built in, it will control and charge your ipod, all from the faceplate of the head unit. Good luck!
W.A.S.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebowers83
I use a mini male RCA connector with the Aux port.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
barryware

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I purchased a Pioneer DEH-4800MP. It was one of the few decks I found with the aux input in the back (1/8" stereo mini cable (without having to buy an adapter)). Many new decks have the aux input in the front as previously stated.
barryware is offline   Reply With Quote