Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #2737
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
D,

Heads up...I'm talking with Jim right now. I may trade him my ML3800 for all four DD speakers (the two W6.5's and two AT28 tweeters) working off the crossovers on the S4b I have.

I may put the dual 8" sub enclosure in the car again to keep up with the mids...

If the mid woofers pass the "sqcomp" SQ test I'll work with you to get you a pair.

OH! Do you remember ever talking with Aaron at the shop? He is now working for DD in OKC! If you even need help with DD, you have an "in" with the company.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #2738
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Thanks!

I do have some issues in the CLA to resolve first.

1.- Where to put the P99, under the dash??, above the center console??, I don't know for sure???

2.- If I go with Horns, I may have to go with Mini Horns, because the Airbags, foot heating ducts, OBD connector and hood opener

3.- Worst case scenario I swap the P99 for a Bit 10 or similar and use OEM head unit with OEM Door speakers and Sail OEM Tweeters (I don't really want to go this way)

My goals are:

1.-Keep it simple and stock look if possible
2.-if I sell or trade later it should be an easy task to uninstall
3.-I would like to try a pair of Horns.
4.-I would like to use the P99
5.-Use Door speakers as Midbass woofer
6.-Possibility to use OEM tweeters at sailpanels even if going with Horns
7.-IDQ12 is going IB in the Trunk
8.-Use only 2 Amps and they go in the Trunk... ID (175x2) and PB 5.1 (75x4+200x1)

and Finally if YW doesn't want me to talk about my new build in here, please let me know and I'll just plug a LINK.

Thanks again!

D.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #2739
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
I vote this stays here. This place would be slow without this thread.

Give other link too though.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:39 AM   #2740
_S7V7N_

Derick can that P-99 go in the glove box ? That interior looks pretty darn tight.

Does the factory unit have any sort of Auxiliary ? You're going to need to still access your factory unit on a regular basis....i wouldn't recommend messing with any of it.

If this is the way your interior looks :

What does the lil compartment under your temp gauges look like ? does it easily pop out ?

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
Old 04-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #2741
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Derick can that P-99 go in the glove box ? That interior looks pretty darn tight.

Does the factory unit have any sort of Auxiliary ? You're going to need to still access your factory unit on a regular basis....i wouldn't recommend messing with any of it.

If this is the way your interior looks :

What does the lil compartment under your temp gauges look like ? does it easily pop out ?
I thought about the glove box, but too small
No Auxiliary from factory
I rather leave the OEM system alone and have a complete separate one
Yes that is the interior of the CLA

D.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #2742
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Do a bit ten. Save the p99 for later.

That bit ten is smaller than the deck and will allow you to keep the factory look which is nice.

As for the w6.5, we have a limitation. The frequency response is 60-300 Hz. I'm looking at the AW6.5 right now with Jim. I'll keep you in the loop.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #2743
_S7V7N_

http://www.cadencesound.com/xam500-4bt/

Wonder how this amp would do in an sq setup. Bluetooth inputs ?

Old 04-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #2744
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

There's this as well:

http://precisionpower.com/store/prod...deq-8-127.html
Old 04-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #2745
_S7V7N_

The thing i'm wondering on that amp(cadence) is could you wire the speakers as well as run them wirelessly. So they could be hooked up to the factory deck (wired) p-99 (wirelessly) ?

Would a hi lo (LOC) put out a clean signal or would any sq be sacrificed ?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #2746
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Okay...The BT is refrencing your phone. The speakers themselves won't be wireless.

That being said...there is a way to make it wireless, sort of. It's not worth the time except in home audio applications IMHO.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #2747
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Could the P99 fit in the armrest? I saw a build a long time ago where the builder kept everything looking stock, and could even run off of the stock head unit, but he had a switch with the good head unit and cd changer hidden in the arm rest.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #2748
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Do a bit ten. Save the p99 for later.

That bit ten is smaller than the deck and will allow you to keep the factory look which is nice.

As for the w6.5, we have a limitation. The frequency response is 60-300 Hz. I'm looking at the AW6.5 right now with Jim. I'll keep you in the loop.
oK, Lets talk "Bit Ten"

-Only good for a 2 way + Subwoofer right?

-I can plug 2 sets (4 channel) of channels into Bit Ten... Front door speakers and front tweeters to get the signal from the MB head unit (MB=Mercedes Benz) the Bit Ten is going to de-equalize and then provide 3 channels out like L+R Midbass, L+R Tweeter, + Subwoofer

-Does the Bit Ten has Left and Right EQ?

-An finally... how much it costs?

D.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #2749
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Could the P99 fit in the armrest? I saw a build a long time ago where the builder kept everything looking stock, and could even run off of the stock head unit, but he had a switch with the good head unit and cd changer hidden in the arm rest.
1- too small won't fit )o:

2- you really need to see the face of the deck specially when tuning, that means in "your regular driving position", when tuning you can't turn your head or move.

D.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #2750
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
oK, Lets talk "Bit Ten"

-Only good for a 2 way + Subwoofer right?

-I can plug 2 sets (4 channel) of channels into Bit Ten... Front door speakers and front tweeters to get the signal from the MB head unit (MB=Mercedes Benz) the Bit Ten is going to de-equalize and then provide 3 channels out like L+R Midbass, L+R Tweeter, + Subwoofer

-Does the Bit Ten has Left and Right EQ?

-An finally... how much it costs?

D.

http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=42

Cost? 300-400. It's more effective than any analog piece from the 80-90s to be honest. You have the ability to see the entire crossover and EQ layout, the ability to make adjustments on the fly while seeing and hearing the effect pretty much instantly. You have time alignment as well. In the setup of the PC program, it should ask if you are using a two or three way.

I can have Jim call you if you'd like.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:11 AM   #2751
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post

http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=42

Cost? 300-400. It's more effective than any analog piece from the 80-90s to be honest. You have the ability to see the entire crossover and EQ layout, the ability to make adjustments on the fly while seeing and hearing the effect pretty much instantly. You have time alignment as well. In the setup of the PC program, it should ask if you are using a two or three way.

I can have Jim call you if you'd like.

Yes I would like to talk to him and go over details,

Thanks.

D.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 AM   #2752
derickveliz2

I'm also interested in the...

ES3
"bit Energy Storage Start & Stop

It prevents the processor from shutting down when turning on cars featuring the start & stop system
When starting the engine, the vehicle battery voltage might decrease below 8 Volts value. If a signal processor (bit One, bit Ten) is installed in your car system, especially with cars featuring the start & stop system, low supply voltage values might make the processor shut down. In order to avoid waiting for the processor to complete its turn-on cycle again, you can install the ES3 by connecting it in series to the processor power supply cables."

D.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #2753
NT05
Banned

Drives: 1nz-fe
The BIT 10 Does just about anything you can dream of. You would ultimately want the BIT 10D because it comes with the controller. In the end your head unit becomes nothing more than a play source. Think of it like your home unit DVD player, it just plays your dvd's and you A/V unit control's everything you plug in to it. The BIT is just that, it controls everything once plugged in to it. Which is why you need the controller from Audison as well. Also if you look at my thread (Making it count) it shows the BIT 10D with controller.
NT05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #2754
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

What NT is talking about is the DRC to the Bit products.

When I used the bit one, the DRC was more of an afterthought. I used my laptop more often. Still, if you have multiple settings, that DRC does allow control for various settings which can be convenient.

If one is to buy a Bit product, it would be wise to also go through the Bit Tune process at your local shop.