Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Help! Insurance for Yaris

Because I have loan from Toyota for my Yaris, I have to look for the cheapest full-cover insurance. I called Geigo and asked for a quote. They told me that the lowest price for this car is $1540!! It's so expensive!!! My friend has his RAV4 insurance only costs $700.....

Can anyone tell me where I can get a proper price for the auto insurance? Thanks!!!
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:37 AM   #2
machine1

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to machine1
I pay around $440 every 6 months for full coverage on mine.
But I'm over 25 and have a decent driving record.
I'm with Allstate.

Age, driving record, and how many cars/drivers are in your policy affect your rates.
machine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:44 AM   #3
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
if you're not over 25, better stick with your parents plan. but in my experience, for insurance you get what you pay for. used to have full coverage from mercury. then my civic got broken into twice, and had to fight with tons of paperwork to just get someone to come and fix my console and window. they wouldnt even replace my pioneer stereo. my wife got into a fender-bender with her avalon. she had AAA, and after one phone call to them, AAA did all of the footwork for her, immeidately with no questions asked. car was completely fixed. shit, this was with the knowledge that it was HER fault. suffice to say, we are now a AAA family. the multiple car, engineer, teacher, and good driver discounts make it very reasonable. good luck!

--B
Old 10-25-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
hans_fh

My parents have moved to Germany already. :(

Actually when the representative gave me the quote, he did not ask any information about my age, driving license.......

Actually I only got 800 budget and I am 19 and only have a learner permit...

After I got the Yaris, I rarely drove that because I do not have the insurance for that car. I am so sad now. Please help! PLZ!

I really appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
vst

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan x 2
check out Esurance. They are very competitive and will probably undercut most other carriers.
vst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #6
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Progressive was super cheep for me, it is about $600 every 6 mo for 2 cars, and I have a DUI on my record (Don't worry, I completely stopped drinkin after that)
Old 10-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
hans_fh

Hi there!

Thanks! I have got a quote from Progressive and chose the Economy Package, which only covers Bodily Injury and Property Damage. I'd like to know if it is the full-cover insurance?? Because it is so cheap that only cost $437. Of course, there are other options: Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UMBI);Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UIMBI);Personal Injury Protection
;Comprehensive;Collision;Uninsured Motorist Property Damage;Rental;Roadside Assistance;Loan/Lease Payoff

Please let me know which ones I should have for the full coverage insurance

Thanks a lot!!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #8
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Every state has different peramiters... also, each lending institutuion may want more than state requires... so I would check with who you have your loan though and they will tell you what they require... I do not know about UT but here in Ohio & Michigan a lender can charge you for full coverage insurance if you do not have it on your own... so I would check... good luck
Old 10-25-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
ttufrosty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
For a Scion Xb and a Yaris with good driving records we pay 850 a month with progressive, I think the Yaris is about 450 or so with our records.

The only problem I have with Progressive is that if you are late on your payment by one day they start sending you letter after letter even if you have already paid it. Its all computer automated. Otherwise I would recommend them, but also check with your state requirements. In Texas, where I live, there are minium limits you have to meet to be considered legal.
ttufrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
static808

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_fh
Hi there!

Thanks! I have got a quote from Progressive and chose the Economy Package, which only covers Bodily Injury and Property Damage. I'd like to know if it is the full-cover insurance?? Because it is so cheap that only cost $437. Of course, there are other options: Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UMBI);Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UIMBI);Personal Injury Protection
;Comprehensive;Collision;Uninsured Motorist Property Damage;Rental;Roadside Assistance;Loan/Lease Payoff

Please let me know which ones I should have for the full coverage insurance

Thanks a lot!!
im not completely sure, but it sounds like the package you got is the liability coverage. isn't full coverage usually called the "comprehensive"..?? ask your insurance company, but if they only cover the damage of the OTHER vehicle involved in the accident, then you have liability coverage, which i believe is the minimum insurance you need for any car. however, i do believe brand new cars being financed require comprehensive coverage, at least in my area thats required. finance institutions dont trust anyone being able to pay off the damage to a brand new car (hence the necessity of full coverage).

--B
Old 10-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
static808

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttufrosty
For a Scion Xb and a Yaris with good driving records we pay 850 a month with progressive, I think the Yaris is about 450 or so with our records.
...do you mean every 6 months!! cuz 850 a month is a LOT of money for insurance...

--B
Old 10-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #12
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
I know in MD if there is a lean holder on the car you have to have full coverage. And $850 is way too to much to pay a month
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #13
Black Yaris
der Zeck

yeah... I have a DUI and 2 speeding tickets and mine is only $100 a month with 2 cars
Old 10-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #14
vst

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan x 2
I pay less than $250 every 6 months for full coverage.
vst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
Pars

You guys have it nice. Here in Toronto, You'd have to be with a company for decades, with no tickets or claims to get under $1500/year (regardless of the type of vehicle). And the insurance companies are quick to double your premium if you're ever at fault. The loan-sharks and Mafia are small-time compared to Toronto's insurance companies.

If I ever wanted to get elected into the government, all I'd have to do is run a compagin against the insurance company, here in Toronto and it'd be a piece of cake.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #16
ttufrosty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
...do you mean every 6 months!! cuz 850 a month is a LOT of money for insurance...

Not when you live in Texas. We have the highest insurance rates in the country here. Dont know why. Other companies were quoting me in the low 1000's. So 6 months at 800 or so is a good deal.
ttufrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #17
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
Seriously Toronto is so Fxxking expansive, i have perfect record 9yrs of experience over 25yr of age still paids CA$2500 annual ........ >_<
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #18
Pars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teruyume
Seriously Toronto is so Fxxking expansive, i have perfect record 9yrs of experience over 25yr of age still paids CA$2500 annual ........ >_<
I'm also paying the same amound $2500/annual, but I have 2 minor tickets, no claims and 20 years of driving experience in Toronto.

If you're a new driver and don't have parents with a perfect record, that are willing to take a chance on you, you're SOL. Even if you could put $800/month into financing a car, the insurance premium would force you into the TTC(transit) line up.

I really hope these insurance company get their's in the end. If they're blowing off the new generation, I wonder how they expect to continue to make money in the future. I guess, there's always a way, when you got the government as a partner.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote