Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
N9QGS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
The Accessory belt?

Im revising my post cause I think I educated myself a little. Okay there are Timing belts and chains, I guess they are internal to the engine, and the belt on the outside is the Serpentine belt that drives many additional components. I guess what I am specifically asking today since the Yaris has a Timing Chain that is not part of my 100K service, but I do question how do I properly go about servicing or inspecting the Serpentine belt, I guess is there a way to turn the belt so you can easily inspect the whole belt, how long do one suggest going with this belt and how easy is it to change, is it just loosing a bolt to let tension off, and slip the belt off and the new one on, and then reapply tention and tighten bolt?

I am at 80K now, I plan to keep my car at least 200K, if I feel comfortable with it, so I am willing to change this belt at 100K regardless of condition and if the job is easy enough to do in a half hour with minimal tools, any special tools required?

Ron

Last edited by N9QGS; 01-11-2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: learned proper terms of belt im questioning
N9QGS is offline   Reply With Quote