Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
pwisenbaker

Drives: 2008 3 dr. Hatch
Performance intake manifolds

FYI:

I contacted Weapon R regarding the potential of them producing an intake manifold for the Yaris based on the vesrsion for the Scion. They said not at this time BUT maybe in the near future. Sounded to me like they are working on one and are hesitant to make it known. I think the Yaris community needs to contact Weapon R and petition them for one. If they receive positive feed back they may put one in production.
pwisenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
It's been tried by more than one of us, and they were supposedly doing this over 2 years ago. I'm a shop and was willing to stock the darn things.

They could start by showing dyno results for their xB manifold and publishing authentic results.

You could just buy the xB one and change the throttle flange.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
Toy Box Racing Store
Banned

Drives: 1NZ-FE
This is something we've even considered doing. I can buy the intake it self for a good price from Chris @ Weapon-r, however we would cut the flange off and put on the correct one for the Yaris. I'm just not sure if it's cost productive to do so. Making the flange is not a big deal. I would need to do at least 10 on the CNC than reweld and fabricate that particular area for fitment and clearance issues. I'm all for giving you what you want, but unless I get 5 prepaid orders I won't touch it. Would need to know people are serious.

TBR
Toy Box Racing Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Cali, what ever became of the one you were working on?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
if the intake manifold showed positive results on the dyno, it would certainly be appealing.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
pwisenbaker

Drives: 2008 3 dr. Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Box Racing Store View Post
This is something we've even considered doing. I can buy the intake it self for a good price from Chris @ Weapon-r, however we would cut the flange off and put on the correct one for the Yaris. I'm just not sure if it's cost productive to do so. Making the flange is not a big deal. I would need to do at least 10 on the CNC than reweld and fabricate that particular area for fitment and clearance issues. I'm all for giving you what you want, but unless I get 5 prepaid orders I won't touch it. Would need to know people are serious.

TBR
It would be nice to get a "no frills" piece, no polish etc. to help out on the cost of manufacturing. If they were more affordable then I would think these or a version thereof would fly off the shelf.
pwisenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
a turbo intake manifold would be nice. shorter runners, smooth flow. lots of vacuum ports!
theres a few boosted guys here that have nice ones!
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
we need to get as many people as we can to contact them so they will finally put it in production
we start a poll to show how many people has contacted them
Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
unless I get 5 prepaid orders I won't touch it. Would need to know people are serious.
We tried that too.

I have drawings, but production costs put it at a very high price per piece. I couldn't get 5 people to pony up, maybe that has changed.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #10
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
cali,

if you were to get those 5 people, what would the cost each be? not sure that I could join in but more a curiosity. also, what kind of gains are you expecting from this?

thanks
BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I just wish someone would buy the Weapon R one, modify it, and dyno the car. Then we'd all know.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
a turbo intake manifold would be nice. shorter runners, smooth flow. lots of vacuum ports!
This would lose you a lot of torque, as mine did. But I wanted power in the top end, and short runners serve that purpose well.

For an N/A car, longer runners are preferable.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Alright, just for fun and education, I've sent off my drawings to the company that makes our springs. Let's see what they say. I didn't have them when we first attempted this project, so cross your fingers.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
Vanquisher

Drives: 2007 Vios
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I just wish someone would buy the Weapon R one, modify it, and dyno the car. Then we'd all know.
Modify weapon-r works perfectly with 1zz-fe throttle for my sedan(non turbocharge).

Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #15
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquisher View Post
Modify weapon-r works perfectly with 1zz-fe throttle for my sedan(non turbocharge).

notice any gains or losses in power with the weapon r manifold?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #16
Vanquisher

Drives: 2007 Vios
Butt feeling - yes,i feel power gain. Much better low-mid respond for my setup and i will never install stock manifold again.
IMO,it's a good investment esp for turbo ride.
Mine is asia spec so need to CnC spacer for tat manifold in order to install.
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Interesting. I'll be paying attention to this thread.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Manufacturer has replied; they are keen on the project. That is good news.