Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
bkrownd

Drives: 2010 Yaris "5-door"
Special tricksy dealer stuff

Any special tricksy dealer deceptions to watch out for in Hawai'i? I am considering retiring my beloved FX-16 due to advanced rust, and beginning to explore my options. Not sure if I'll be able to find anything used in the neighborhood that I'm comfortable with, but I'm less than enthusiastic about the idea of spending extra $$$ on a new car which is something normally I'd never consider doing in other states.
bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Well BI toyota seem to be straight up dealers, as well as servco here on oahu.
There's a dude here on oahu that has 5 fx-16's. I think he retired a few to rust as well.
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
bkrownd

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
There's a dude here on oahu that has 5 fx-16's. I think he retired a few to rust as well.
Ah, he's an FX connoisseur! :D

I've only seen one other FX around East Hawai'i, but I don't spend much time in high-traffic areas. This car has been a dream. Sad that it came pre-rusted from the original owner or it would still have several years to go.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
bkrownd

The Toyota Hawaii web site suggests that the 3-door S manual is only available here with the 'Power Package', which is something I wouldn't want. Is that likely to be true, or is it just what they stock and can they order them differently?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrownd View Post
The Toyota Hawaii web site suggests that the 3-door S manual is only available here with the 'Power Package', which is something I wouldn't want. Is that likely to be true, or is it just what they stock and can they order them differently?
I believe that all the S models come with the power package. If you do decide to order it differently if possible, it may take a lonnnng time for your car to arrive to Hawaii. I went through all the possible options when buying my car, and I chose the 5-door liftback S because interior was nicer and everything inside was black.
808_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote