Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
HDS

Drives: 2007 Yaris, 1991 Trans Am GTA
Hose for windshield wiper broke

Edit: Hose for the windshield washer, not the wiper.

So I need to change it, or maybe I get some kind of extension as only a small part of it broke off. Problem is it broke just where it goes into this plastic assembly that covers the area below the windshield and I can't get at it. There is this white piece of plastic coupling that connects the hose from the tank/pump to the hose going into this black assembly in front of the windshield that then goes to the "nozzles" themselves.

I am guessing I will have to take apart this whole thing, and I am looking for or a guide or any tips on this. I don't even know what this part is called in english so I am having trouble searching for it as well as explaining it.

I'm assuming it's just a bunch of plastic being held together by some plugs though...

Last edited by HDS; 04-06-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Cleaning the message up a bit
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You have to remove the cowl (the black part that the wipers are mounted to) to access the bottom of the nozzles. Doing so requires removing the two wiper arms. Take a look at the "Wiper and Washer" section of the service manual (see the link below) for details:

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...32-YARIS-FILES