Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #55
smell my finger

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
This is going to help me big time. I've been meaning to do this for 4 years now.
smell my finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #56
smell my finger

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Dan Q and CTScott big thanks to you. I can't believe how easy it was once I figured it out due to your guys post. I ended up using the brown and green wire and took like 10 minutes to hook up. Works great and havn't ran into any problems with it. Again thanks for the DIY!
smell my finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #57
hangman41

Drives: Blue '07 Toyota Yaris
Hello All -

I really need assistance on this one. I have added power windows and power locks (remote entry) to my daughters 2007 Yaris which she got for college and had no power accessories at all.
Everything works EXCEPT the locking portion.
Using the FOB it will Unlock if starting in a locked position, but the control box doesnt even make a noise like its trying to function when you hit the Lock button on the FOB, also the red led doesnt ever light or the valet buttone seem to function. It does unlock, and the panic button as well as teh Lock button work for Panic mode if you hold them down for 5 - 10 secs. I currently have it set up as the directions told me but at this point it could be the control box, maybe the tie in of the 2 ground wires, etc etc. I installed the Avital 2101L with the smaller (blue/green) control box that connects to the wires that go to the actuators. All of the tutorials on here have been great but I cant find anything showing the wiring connections of the 2101L "brain" and the smaller control box. Maybe the "Brain" needs resetting to factory but with out the Valet button working I cant reset any of the settings at all. I have tried both FOBs and they work for the Panic alarm and the unlocking. I also hae it wired for teh horn alarm, the flashing marker lights, etc and all of that works also.
Thanks for any help you can offer and please ask away on teh questions of anything I may have missed.
hangman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #58
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman41 View Post
Hello All -

I really need assistance on this one. I have added power windows and power locks (remote entry) to my daughters 2007 Yaris which she got for college and had no power accessories at all.
Everything works EXCEPT the locking portion.
Using the FOB it will Unlock if starting in a locked position, but the control box doesnt even make a noise like its trying to function when you hit the Lock button on the FOB, also the red led doesnt ever light or the valet buttone seem to function. It does unlock, and the panic button as well as teh Lock button work for Panic mode if you hold them down for 5 - 10 secs. I currently have it set up as the directions told me but at this point it could be the control box, maybe the tie in of the 2 ground wires, etc etc. I installed the Avital 2101L with the smaller (blue/green) control box that connects to the wires that go to the actuators. All of the tutorials on here have been great but I cant find anything showing the wiring connections of the 2101L "brain" and the smaller control box. Maybe the "Brain" needs resetting to factory but with out the Valet button working I cant reset any of the settings at all. I have tried both FOBs and they work for the Panic alarm and the unlocking. I also hae it wired for teh horn alarm, the flashing marker lights, etc and all of that works also.
Thanks for any help you can offer and please ask away on teh questions of anything I may have missed.

The control box not making a sound when you try to lock it and the valet switch not working really sounds like there is an issue with the control box.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #59
hangman41

Drives: Blue '07 Toyota Yaris
Control Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The control box not making a sound when you try to lock it and the valet switch not working really sounds like there is an issue with the control box.
Yeah, thats kinda what Im thinking also. I cnat seem to find any information on the about ordering JUST that part. I may just have to ordrer a replacement set as cheaply as I can from EBay or Amazon and see.

Thanks for the reply.
hangman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #60
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
what happen if i got oem keyless do i need a bypass to get an alarm..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #61
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
i just got this done yesterday thanks to all of y'all. Everything works great, except my flashing light is not working, but i can live with that.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #62
KeliErons
I've made a post!

Drives: None
This may be useful to you if you are doing an install of a full alarm system or remote start.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #63
simon-templax
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Now
Thank you so much DanQ & CTScott,

Today I installed a Viper 211HV keyless system on my Yaris Now 2011, and it works perfectly!!

Greentings from Rome
simon-templax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #64
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Thanks DanQ!
I just finished installing my Viper model 211HV and your instructions are PERFECT and 100% valid and correct.
After wiring it up initially, the lights worked fine and the dash light flashed correctly, BUT the darn unlock/lock was'nt working even though I heard the relays cycling in the Viper's brain box! Problem was that there are TWO green/black wires in the harness. One is light green/black and thin, the other is green/black and fatter guage wire. I spliced in the thinner one, WRONG! You must use the FAT green/black wire. I also grounded the black and purple wires under one of the bolts that holds that black metal bar across the metal dash frame. Its a good ground and I did'nt want to fool with the factory bolt behind the kick plate.
I mounted the LED next to the power mirror adjustment controls. It's very bright and DOES look like a real alarm armed light even though there's no alarm in my car. I used one zip tie through one of the Viper's brain box's corner mounting holes and zip tied it to a cutout in the bottom right of the opening that's revealed when you drop down the plastic access hatch.
First thing I did after installing and testing for proper function was disable the self locking feature that locks the doors when the engine is turned on. I don't want to risk getting locked out of my car while it's warming up on a winter morning and I'm outside scraping the snow off the windshield...
An excellent project if you have the power pkg but RKE was'nt available as a factory feature.
A word of warning; if your not electronics savy you may want to leave this to a pro....
Attached Images
File Type: png viper.png (582.0 KB, 230 views)

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #65
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
BTW, $48 shipped from Amazon.....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #66
kerad84
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris GS
hi has any one done DIY for Yaris 2002?
kerad84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #67
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
just a few questions. and sorry for thread revival yet again..

does this work on base model without purchasing actuators?
how is everyone switching the pulse from one click to two clicks?
i plan to get the Viper model 211HV, like stated above, however, several different bundles are listed on ebay, any suggestions on which is best to buy?

thank you
Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #68
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleTimeTim View Post
just a few questions. and sorry for thread revival yet again..

does this work on base model without purchasing actuators?
how is everyone switching the pulse from one click to two clicks?
i plan to get the Viper model 211HV, like stated above, however, several different bundles are listed on ebay, any suggestions on which is best to buy?

thank you
If you have a base model without power lock, then no - You can control nonexistent actuators. If it is a base with power, but not keyless, then yes.

The keyless entry systems have configuration options, which allow things like single versus dual lock pulses.

On ebay the viper 211HVs are crazy cheap. Just make sure that you get one that is brand new, and not a used or theoretically refurbished one.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #69
yfp

Drives: 2008 Yaris
I have installed an Avital system using DanQ's instructions combined with
CTScott and SodiumDuck's addendum.....the Avital unit works perfectly....
I also installed it with the starter disabler, which required an add-on relay
available from Avital......everything works perfectly - wire colors and pinouts for connectors are the same so that all went really well....I got the Avital unit from Amazon
for $30.00 and the add-on relay from A-1 Electronics for another $10.00......
given how well ot all works and how easy it was to install (Mille Grazzi again to DanQ , CTScott and SodiumDuck) I'd have to say it was all money and time well spent!! :-)
yfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #70
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
I am adding my successful completion story thanks to these excellent step by step instructions and pictures and CTScott's revision picture. Thanks for both of your efforts to make this a pretty painless process.

One note, a list of "Things you will need" complete with sizes of splice connectors, other crimp-on needs, and tools might be a helpful suggestion. I found myself looking very closely at the pictures trying to figure out what size splice thingys I needed, and I had to just put the bare wires on the grounding lug because the loop thing I needed came as a complete surprise while in the middle of the installation.

Those wires in the kick plate and under the steering wheel are SUPER tiny sized, heh. In the pictures they look normal sized but in real life they are like strands of hair in my bulky man-hands. :) I was afraid the splice thingy was going to cut through them but they didn't! Excellent work you guys!

I had to have my daughter help me as I'm color blind and it was impossible to tell the difference in some of those wires! Evidently I would never make it as an automotive electrical technician. heh

PS> I used the Viper 211 kit found on ebay. Works flawlessly.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #71
GAWADE

Drives: 2012 Yaris 4d Auto Coupe
DIY Keyless Entry

How about a 2012? Will this work for it?

Which kit is the best to use?
GAWADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #72
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWADE View Post
How about a 2012? Will this work for it?

Which kit is the best to use?
Like with cruise control, keyless is identical for your 2012 sedan. The 2012 sedan gets little love, as it was only sold as a fleet vehicle, so aftermarket companies don't really reference it.

As for brands, any of the DEI brands are good choices (viper, python, clifford, avital, etc.)