Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #1
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Door Ding!!! Help with a Product!!

Hey everyone!!! Just thought I would let everyone know that the worst has happened ... at walmart someone scrapped a door and now I have a nice white line on my door... so I ordered touch up paint .. its on the way and then I am off to go get it fixed... but this is not the reason for my post ...

This is... tell me what you guys think.. to dorkie.. i just dont want my baby to get hurt again ...lol ... have you guys seen these before.. do you think they are worth it??

http://doordefender.com/
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
^^^Touch up paint might work, that's more for a ding rather than a scrape. But sorry to hear and best of luck!
As for that product, it sounds like you can put it on when you need it or is it permanant? Sounds great but looks gross! But then again I guess it doesn't really matter if your parked...if you can take it off then go for it, but otherwise don't! That's just my opinion! Good luck!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
that is a very clever product, it is magnetic, so you just put it on when in a parking lot, and store in trunk when not parked, if you ask me that is a better alternative to the little rubber guards you can get from toyota,
both better protection, and will look nicer when driving :)
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Id be more worried of someone just removing them, just to steal something!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDawn
Hey everyone!!! Just thought I would let everyone know that the worst has happened ... at walmart someone scrapped a door and now I have a nice white line on my door... so I ordered touch up paint .. its on the way and then I am off to go get it fixed... but this is not the reason for my post ...

This is... tell me what you guys think.. to dorkie.. i just dont want my baby to get hurt again ...lol ... have you guys seen these before.. do you think they are worth it??

http://doordefender.com/
its about $100 to get a dent fixed. personally, while a good idea, i think those things are kinda dorky. plus they are $60. go get some pipe insulation, and hotglue some magnets on the back. $5 = same product.

if you go to walmart, expect to get door ding unless you park out in the middle of nowwhere. i just get in the habit of ALWAYS parking next to a curb, and far far far away from everyone. thats the cheapest & best option.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
Yaris Yaba

Drives: 07yaris5d
Your really thinking about putting that door defender thingy, it looks like nun-chucks man. serously "DONT PUT THEM ON"
Advice. Never shop at wallmart lol

Yaris Yaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #7
Yaris Yaba

Drives: 07yaris5d
and as for the scrapes and marks here's a really good tutorial.

http://www.samarins.com/maintenance/bodymain.html#marks
Yaris Yaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Id be more worried of someone just removing them, just to steal something!
That is what I thought, and especially on this car. It looks weird enough... wouldn't want to draw interest from some 17 year old punks with nothing better to do than steal the magnetic nunchucks off your car!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Yaba
Never shop at wallmart lol
'nuff said.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:15 PM   #10
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Yaba
and as for the scrapes and marks here's a really good tutorial.

http://www.samarins.com/maintenance/bodymain.html#marks
This link is good! Thanks!
Sorry to learn about the ding! I have also been thinking about using foam boards, crazy glue, and fridge magnets to create something to shield off other cars' doors. But that will look odd or even unfriendly to many people. I also worry that such a device will leave its own marks on the paint.

Last edited by swng; 08-28-2006 at 07:26 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
aLexDoaN

Drives: Red Yaris LiftBack '07
those thing look horrible. this are the two best advice i've learn living in a ghetto area.

1. never park next to a car that happen to be own by a female.. they tend to swing their door widely. i know, cuz the other day at the school parking lot, i park next to a brand new lexus.. the lexus door swing wide open and bang into my side door and she got the nerve to yell at me for parking TO close.

2. never park next to an old car.. they don't care what happen to their car since its old and the paint will eventually fade or fall off.

:)
aLexDoaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #12
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
LOL! its a great poduct.............but sooooo ugly hahha i would NEVER put that thing on my car, i rather have to dirty hoes rub up against it and let them leave their mess on my car.

when i 1st saw the product i thaught it goes in your door panel. Some one needs to create a really really really strong repel maget to go inside the door panel and when ever sum1 opens their door, they will be like "THIS FUCKIN CAR IS MAGNETIC!"
hasher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:07 AM   #13
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLexDoaN
those thing look horrible. this are the two best advice i've learn living in a ghetto area.

1. never park next to a car that happen to be own by a female.. they tend to swing their door widely. i know, cuz the other day at the school parking lot, i park next to a brand new lexus.. the lexus door swing wide open and bang into my side door and she got the nerve to yell at me for parking TO close.

2. never park next to an old car.. they don't care what happen to their car since its old and the paint will eventually fade or fall off.

:)
you forgot to add, dont park next to a 3 door. I have a 3 door yaris and boy the door is huge!......when i park i have to squeeze out. I cant park away from the other car becuz the other car on the other side wont be able to get in his car!!
hasher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #14
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
No harm mentioning it again, and again, that the cheapest and most practical way to reduce the chance of being dinged by half is to park next to a curb. I do this as far as I can (see my avatar). Also, I believe that the next best parking spot is next to a new car which has already occupied the curb side one as there is a good chance that the driver of that new car is parking there to avoid being dinged. I will presume the driver of that new car will be careful not to ding other people's cars becuase he apparently knows how bad it is to be dinged. Who knows, if you do find such a spot, you may even be parking next to me!
Still, always be prepared for surprises .
swng is offline   Reply With Quote