Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Inspector14

Drives: 09 Yaris hatch, Meteor Metal
Concrete dust drips :(

ok, i have a new '09 Meteor metal LB, i live in an apartment tower that had a parking garage built 2 years ago. i was assigned a space on the lower floor (its alaska, and the car stays clear of snow in winter).

The problem that is occurring is: when it rains, or when snow melts in spring, or when someone washes their car, basically whenever water is put onto the upper deck of the garage, it drips trough the cracks and joints in the concrete.
the water then pools in the metal sub-floor of the upper deck and drips through the ceiling of the lower deck.

this water is full of concrete dust/particles. and it leaves concrete on my car! big gray splat marks and runs, i can pick the dust off with my finger, but if i hit it with a wash sponge- goodbye clear coat and paint. luckily this stuff doesn't seem to bond with the car body it just sits on the surface.

is there a best way to take this crap off without really damaging the car? like using a clay bar it on them?

thanks for suggestions.

(i have also considered getting it professionally detailed with professional products, and sending the bill to the owner of the apartment tower. i am not the first this has happened to. one guy had just bought a new Chevy 2500 crew cab truck, beautiful bright blue paint, owned it 2 days. it rained. his truck was literally, mostly gray from concrete. ruined his paint.)
Inspector14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Buy a car cover? Have the owner of the garage fix it.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
yes, report to the owner. Water leaks made a 2 story garage fell down. killed 1 man in Montreal.

at worse, i'd go with a car cover..

Anyways, to wash off... just spray with high pressure to remove the hard particles and then wash off..

hint: never use sponge to wash car, it is better that you use a wash mitts.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
to prevent you from scratching the paint, clear coat and all, you would really have to give a good wash before claybar. Then hit it up with some good wax, least next time stuff wont stick on the clear coat, it has wax to try to stick to.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
If you brought your issue forward in a courteous, professional manner then perhaps the owner/landlord/property manager would allow you switch to a cleaner parking spot.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote