Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #19
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Dude the first bird that pooped was airborn just flying by but the second one made the mistake of landing in front of my porch so i got the BB gun and injured the bird, later on that day i felt bad for the bird but the more I looked at the car the guilt was less and less lol. It sucks specially if u have a BLK car
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #20
red_rims
Black Yaris

Drives: Black Yaris
well i never had a hard time cleaning off the poop. but my clear coat is gone for good. the poop ate it.
red_rims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #21
counterfiend
Banned

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
I highly doubt just claying or even a light by hand compound is going to remove the etching in the clear from the poop. Its literally in the paint. And the easiest most effective way to remove the etching is going to be having that area professionally buffed, even then it may not come out completely. In that case have the area wet sanded. Only bad thing about that is you will have one area that looks AWESOME and the rest is swirled to crap. heh
counterfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #22
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Although hand polishing is a bit labor intensive, I would still give it a try before employing a pro with a buffer. The pro will probably take care of the etched-in stain, but will probably remove more clear than is required. Straight-cut buffers can be pretty aggressive.

I've been pleasantly surprised on several occasions by what Scratch-X can do. To me, it's more satisfying to have solved a problem myself (cheaper, too) instead of paying a pro.

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bird poop