Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
40oz

Drives: 240sx want a yaris
removing swirl marks without machine buffer?

Anyone know how to remove swirl makers without machine buffer?

I heard you can take out swirls with the turtle wax polishing compound, which I bought the last time I was at walmart, but I don't exactly know how to begin without a buffer.

Another question is, "People" say to use polishing compound after clay-baring but I don't see the logic in this.

What is the logic in rubbing out the swirls after you make the surface smooth as glass?

I probably won't tackle this task untill a week and a half later because I just washed my car, but any help will be appreciated. Thanks
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
kazama82

Drives: VIOS
i used Magic101..so far it do remove swirvel..
kazama82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
I would try using meguires ultimate compound. Only product you will need. I would advise using 1 inch thick microfiber applicator to avoid putting in heavy scratches from your fingers. When you apply it, it will sort of feel like its gliding across the paint as you start to work the product you will feel a slight resistance that is when you know the product is working. At that point you want to use moderate pressure. Try one spot first. Then take a microfiber cloth and buff out the residue and check your work. Then repeat as nessisary. That way you can gauge how much you have to work the product in. You dont want to take more clear coat off than nessisary.

YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote