Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Normex

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2016
Greetings and door locking issues

We have three toyos of the same family, 05 echo, 07 yaris , 12 yaris.
Obviously we like them all but one the 07 yaris is giving me fits with door locks. Have no key fob but have powerlocks. First symptom is when all doors locked I can't unlock passenger side with key, I hear the actuator? but no dice.
Secondly I can't lock the hatchback door with key or powerlock.
I have read on a post that if plugged with electrical apparel this can happen.
Not the issue here. I am sorry if this has been covered previously but I did a search and read all the posts but they did not cover my specific issue.
Are both problems related or different issues.

Many thanks and glad to have found this site.

Norm
Normex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Does your 07 have factory power locks or aftermarket actuators?

Can you unlock the passenger door with the flip lever inside or will it only unlock with the power lock switch?

The hatch issue makes me think aftermarket, as the hatch can be tricky to properly install an aftermarket actuator on.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Normex

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2016
Thank you for your timely response. I bought the 07 slightly used and I presume the power lock were factory. The button is situated between the two
front seat. And yes if the doors are locked we can open the car with the door latch. Do you have an idea also for the rear hatch door non locking issue?

Many thanks

Norm
Normex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normex View Post
Thank you for your timely response. I bought the 07 slightly used and I presume the power lock were factory. The button is situated between the two
front seat. And yes if the doors are locked we can open the car with the door latch. Do you have an idea also for the rear hatch door non locking issue?

Many thanks

Norm
Do you only have the lock/unlock switch between the two seats (and not on the arm rests)? If so, I still think it may be aftermarket. If you want to PM me your VIN I can tell you for sure how it was built from the factory.

For the hatch you will need to remove the plastic hatch trim piece to see what is going on there. The trim piece is only mounted with panel clips, so just get your fingers under the bottom edge and pull outwards to release them.