Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Had to nuke the Juke

Well, I almost made the switch from the Yaris to the new Nissan Juke. Test drive was great, love the look, and the ability to go from FWD to AWD.

But my 2007 Yaris S with only 48,000 miles and the 35/40 MPG was just too difficult to give up.

But if anybody is looking for a nice crossover utility vehicle, the mid price Juke comes in around $23,000.
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearturtle44 View Post
Well, I almost made the switch from the Yaris to the new Nissan Juke. Test drive was great, love the look, and the ability to go from FWD to AWD.

But my 2007 Yaris S with only 48,000 miles and the 35/40 MPG was just too difficult to give up.

But if anybody is looking for a nice crossover utility vehicle, the mid price Juke comes in around $23,000.
lol.. been there done that... just came from nissan yesterday and checked it out again... i do love the look on the juke specially upclose. its more cozy than yaris ..but yaris mpg still wins it... i would wait till next year for the juke. theyre having issues right now.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Bleh! Saw one on my way home, still think it's uglier than sin!

It's like Nissan tried--but failed--to make its version of the Isuzu (gesundheit!) V-Cross, which was a nice looking SUV...

Put some buff wheels on that and you've got a very capable offroad machine!

By the Juke is a joke!

Cheers! M2
Old 02-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
i don't know, im pretty sure that if i was given the chance, i would be in the juke. i like it. roomy, goofy looking, and a turbo...perfect. hah. but then again, i hate being in the same car for more than a few months.

oh, and that off road is sweet.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
The bulk of the competent reviews of the Juke say that it is great for in city, but get it out on the open highway and you will be hard pressed to keep up as well as the mileage. Cool idea just not realized, at least not this production year.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
marcus
toyota

i dont think its a fail.. proper modification and itll definetely will stand out and im sure thats one of the main reason for modding. although it definetely stands out as it is. ill wait for the awd 6 speed manual 220hp
Old 02-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
I was a bit tempted by the Nissan juke as well but later I learn the juke recommend to use premium gas because of turbo charged engine and no armrest available, those are big turn off for me.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
23k for a Juke? You could get yourself a nice turboed rwd Hyundai Genesis coupe for that price! Hell, doesn't the FJ cruiser somewhere around that price range as well?
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
SailDesign

Drives: .
I'm sorry, guys - but I find the Juke just too fugly to even consider. Apologies to those who like its styling, but not my taste.
Luckily, the world is full of different opinions, or it would be a boring pace indeed.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
marcus
toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
23k for a Juke? You could get yourself a nice turboed rwd Hyundai Genesis coupe for that price! Hell, doesn't the FJ cruiser somewhere around that price range as well?
23k canadian.. fj is on 40k range not even close
Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
I'm sorry, guys - but I find the Juke just too fugly to even consider. Apologies to those who like its styling, but not my taste.
Luckily, the world is full of different opinions, or it would be a boring pace indeed.
Agreed. +1
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote