Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
terminvz

Drives: 2008 yaris hatchback
help with locating a part?

Hi all,

I recently noticed that the window seal on my drivers side was dirty, so I tried to clean it and it started cracking/splitting. So I ended up just taking the top part off so there is now a big gap between the top of the door and the window. If anyone is trying to picture this, it's the rubber part that removes the water from your window when you roll it down on a wet day.

My problem is that I have no idea what this is called or where to find it. I was wondering if any of you could help me before Im forced to go to the dealer and get ripped off. I'd much rather just buy it on the internet and do it myself.

I thought it might have been called a weatherstrip but I think thats something else...Anyone have an ideas?

Thanks!!
terminvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I believe the part you are describing is the one with the code highlighted below. If so, the part numbers are:

Right side: 68160-52130
Left side: 68210-52130

weatherstrip.jpg
Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
terminvz

I think that's it, thanks a lot CTScott!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
screenprintr

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Wow, started cracking already? Is that due to the heat where you live?
screenprintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
terminvz

Yeah most likely. I live in Arizona so stuff like windshield wipers, rubber molding, and even tires don't last as long as in cooler climates.

I also don't have a garage, just a covered parking at my apartment. The passenger side still looks OK but I'm going to be very careful with it when cleaning and hope it lasts a while.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
i just replaced mine as it was the one sliced in half by the thief on his attempted theft. i probably went back just in time that he was just about to slice the rear door's weatherstrip--that's why the rear's wasn't sliced as long as the front's, it's just about 5-6 inches long.

when my SA (service adviser, Toyota stealership) had it put in by the mechanic, the old one's clips broke. so IMO you can not take it off without a thin hard metal piece (like the actual tool) and not break it.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
nuno11

Drives: Yaris Sport 2009 Hatchback
Guys, any advice or tips or DIY videos on how to remove and install the weatherstrips? i inquired with my Service center regarding installation and they estimated it would cost around $70bucks. thanks. :)

nuno11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #8
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
OK, I know it's an old thread, but in case anyone with the same problem finds it I will tell you how easy it is to replace this part. Simply roll down the window then carefully slide a knife blade under the old strip towards one of the two ends (the rear one is probably easier), and lift up until it pops out. Once you have some of it out, pull the rest with it. There are three (I believe) points where it is snapped into place. Once the old one is out, position the new one in place and push down on it with the palm of your hand. You should hear it snapping into place. It's that easy!

Cheers! M2