Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Toyota #1 for Owner Loyalty

Car brands with the most and least loyal owners:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/rese...tanntp#image=1
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Car brands with the most and least loyal owners:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/rese...tanntp#image=1
Considering some of the (U.S. Market) styling/design/model choices that Toyota has made in recent times, they NEED brand LOYAL customers to stay on top.

I was brand loyal to Honda/Acura for 33 years, but had to abandon ship due to their declining quality/reliability, arrogant dealerships & various styling/design decisions.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Considering some of the (U.S. Market) styling/design/model choices that Toyota has made in recent times, they NEED brand LOYAL customers to stay on top.

I was brand loyal to Honda/Acura for 33 years, but had to abandon ship due to their declining quality/reliability, arrogant dealerships & various styling/design decisions.
You know you'd take a Civic SI than a Yaris SE.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
You know you'd take a Civic SI than a Yaris SE.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
The latest Civic is a bloated eyesore (in my opinion). Every time I see one on the road, the term 'clown car' comes to mind. I would buy a 2018 Yaris SE in black before I even considered a 2018 Civic or Fit of any trim level - even if the Civic was at the same price point. The 2019 Honda Insight has some hybrid appeal going for it (since Toyota won't release an acceptable hybrid car in the U.S.), but I'm sure I would still select a 2019 Corolla Hatch XSE in black over that. I just don't trust Honda any longer, and their styling is even worse than Toyota in many cases (Civic, Fit & Accord).

Last edited by Kalispel; 04-29-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Last really great honda was the 07 model year accord v6 with the 6 speed.... after that they got bigger and slower :/

If i wanted to drive a slow car I would have bought one... oh wait

that said I agree, Toyota's styling lately has been "Eh, it works ish" at best, they need to hire out the guy doing the Hyundai's and make em do werke. as it where, even the Lexii arent as pretty as they could be. though regardless of looks that LC500 is damn sharp.
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #6
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
Last really great honda was the 07 model year accord v6 with the 6 speed.... after that they got bigger and slower :/

If i wanted to drive a slow car I would have bought one... oh wait

that said I agree, Toyota's styling lately has been "Eh, it works ish" at best, they need to hire out the guy doing the Hyundai's and make em do werke. as it where, even the Lexii arent as pretty as they could be. though regardless of looks that LC500 is damn sharp.
I agree with you on the Accord. The last Civic Si that I liked was the 2007-2011 generation (Coupe over Sedan, but liked them both), though there was a major engine flaw with the 2007-2008 resulting in a lot of cracked engine blocks (non-Si Civic engines), and manual transmission problems also with the 6-speed Si. That, and the numerous automatic transmission issues, brake issues, & oil-burning issues across their lines, finally convinced me to give up on the brand. The various bad styling was just ice on the tainted cake past that point. I really wanted to like the CR-Z hybrid (being a big CRX Si guy from back in the day), but it just looked horrible from all rear viewing angles. Ironically, my 2015 Yaris SE brought back the fond memories of my CRX Si days.

I really don't want to give up on the Yaris brand on my next car, but Toyota has ZERO passion or interest in the car for the U.S. market, and the dealerships compound the issues even further. Toyota does seem to have some zeal, however, for their upcoming 2019 Corolla/Auris hatchback model, which is encouraging. I do think it will still be fairly uncommon on the road versus the Corolla sedan, especially when the new global-platform Corolla sedan rolls out in 2020, and the sedan will continue to outsell the hatchback at the current x30 multiplier rate.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:31 PM   #7
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Im actually highly interested in the corolla hatchback to the point of test driving it... too bad this is only the yaris forum hahaha

but yeah Toyota for the longest time just builds cars for the buyers without regard to the razzle dazzle of sporty stuff thinking a semi chrome tipped muffler with TRD is enough

maybe they got bit by the Scion brand too hard and no one gave enough shits about their TRD parts..
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote